Lawn mower advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawn mower advice

I don’t have any experience with this as I live in the desert and have not had grass in quite a while.

My mother lives in Groveton. Her yard is a couple of acres. The current zero turn mower is 17 years of age and it is toast.

I need to find her a decent zero turn. Is there a good brand that is in the 3-4K range. Maybe up to 5k with trailer? Any dealers who might offer senior and or veteran discounts?

I will call a few of the recommendations.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hustler raptor sd, or regular raptor

Comment

What's a good place to find a deal on the hustler raptor sd

Comment

Try the cub cadet zero turn with steering wheel, love mine.

Comment

I can't tell you what a good one is, but can tell you my Dad cuss's his husqvarna.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
            I can't tell you what a good one is, but can tell you my Dad cuss's his husqvarna.
            That’s too bad. I’ve got a 52” Husqvarna with a Kawasaki that’s incredible.

Comment

Lowes has some but there not set up correctly, best deal to is find a dealer

Comment

Hustler raptor is a good machine.

Comment

Any brand with a welded deck and Kawasaki motor that has the closest servicing dealer to where the mower will be kept.
                  I have a bobcat and like it a lot. It was about $4k new.
                  Hustler, gravely, Scag, big dog, and plenty others make good mowers.

Comment

Look for a Honda motor, wouldnt buy a kawasaki. Welded deck with baffles. Not a Bad Boy. They lay grass down without cutting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                      Look for a Honda motor, wouldnt buy a kawasaki. Welded deck with baffles. Not a Bad Boy. They lay grass down without cutting it.
                      Sounds like a dull blade to me..

I have a bad boy....over 200 hours now and it's been great AND IT CUTS GREAT. I highly recommend Bad Boy.

OP - go visit a few dealers and compare...look at the decks, forks, etc. The good ones are built like a tank. There are plenty of good brands in the 4k range.

Comment

Kawasaki motor all the way. I have 4 mowers all with Kawasaki and about to buy my 5th. I’d personally buy a bad boy with commercial pumps if you’re looking to stay in a residential type mower. If I didn’t have a business and had just a yard I’d run bad boys. Don’t buy from tractor supply, buy from an actual dealer. Otherwise scag all the way. Picking up my 3rd scag on Saturday!! My 61” scag has 400 hours on it and I’ve had it since last May, I know a thing or two about mowers[emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My only advice is to stay away from the box store mowers and go with a local dealer that can service it after the sale. I am not sure if Scag has one in that price range but mine is a 61” with Kawasaki, no complaints.

Comment

I had a cub cadet and it was the biggest piece of junk!!!

Bought a gravely with a Kawasaki about 14 years ago. I’m not lying when I say it has been to hell and back twice!!! I use it almost every day, and have never had a single problem with it except for a couple broke belts. I have mowed grass that should have been cut with a shredder, and it hasn’t missed a beat. Check one out if you can

Comment

Anything with a Kawasaki motor on it

Comment

Working...
                              X