Nilgai setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilgai setup

Alright... I have a 2016 Elite Synergy set at 29.5” and 68lbs. I’m shooting Bloodsport Onyx 300 arrows with the ROC system and 100 grain afflictor broadheads. TAW is about 536 grains and I’m shooting about 254 FPS. Is this sufficient for a big Nilgai?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d say so... you shooting the fixed blade version?

Comment

I've never shot a nilgai so....

But if it were me, I'd like my arrow another 100 gr heavier and a solid 2 blade broadhead with a tanto tip.

Comment

Absolutely

Comment

It’s a cut in contact expandable. 1.5” diameter.

Comment

You should be good and have good eating in your future

Comment

Awesome! If I even get an opportunity. Heh thanks for all the responses.

Comment

That should do the trick if you out it in the right place but nilgai have really tough hide and are stout animals, I'd personally go with a super sharp fixed blade for nilgai. Although an expandable out of a crossbow will wreck a nilgai's day lol

Comment

You are good man, kill on. I’d go with a different head but you should be fine on the weight.

Comment

100 grain Butcher from dead meat, maybe?

Comment

I personally wouldn't use a expandable. I would go with a cut on contact fixed blade that has a steep blade angle like the Magnus Stinger. Everything else about your setup is good and I'm sure you can kill one with that expandable, I just think a fixed blade is a better choice. I'm not against expandables at all as I've killed 100's of animals with them.

Comment

thats a good set up....should be good to go

Comment

I've gone 3 times. no luck. saw some just not in the right place. the arrow I took was around 635gr with a 315gr Nanook broadhead. I built this design so I didn't have to wait for a perfect shot.

lots of people have killed with less. lots have lost them because of not enough arrow. had a guy a few years ago was in the right spot. shot 3 of them. lost all 3. he just couldn't understand why. he was shooting a mech head on a 450gr arrow.

this is the head I went with
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yea I think I may end up getting a fixed head to use instead. That seems to be the popular opinion. I figured my afflictors would be sufficient but I’ve never used them so I wouldn’t know. Has anybody used these broadheads? If so, how’d you like em?

Comment

It’s closed like this until impact.

Comment

Working...
                              X