No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If any vehicle where I go is there, I stay closer to truck and hope my hide spots are not interfering with an unknown hunter set up. If i do, it is not intent and Move. Accident!
    I offer years of assist and introducing folks to our sport. I have been hammered hard for opening up with questions and learning the ropes of public hunting. Mainly on other locations, thank You folks here. Pick on me in fun and real instruction.
    I do not invade others spaces EVER if I see them. I scout before if at all possile! I do not leave trash! I try to have fun! bring my grandson in to the sport. Careful folks making dangerous level Threats. Not refering to critisism and fun. Threats will not be accepted! Fun and instruction ok. Have a great hunt or HEB BBQ. This is Pulic land and we work together to benifit from it or destroy faith and impunity and maybe even future land use if we are not together and supportive .

Comment

Originally posted by cgcaples12 View Post
      I thought everyone knew there were definitively no pigs at sore finger and that's why people were sent there. If they have or will go there I'm not worried about it then and I will prob try to canoe across from friendship eventually.
      I have mentioned it before on this thread, but the biggest dang hog I've ever seen was in Sore finger. The laugh I guess is that it's a long walk, when you can kill them closer once you learn enough secrets of the property? But I make a point of hunting sore finger on the right winds if the lake has been flooded. The water sometimes will push the hogs into the transition between trees and the bloodweed.

Someone said it a few posts back, the hogs can be anywhere at Granger. My strategy is just burning boot leather across all the units till I'm in a lot of fresh sign then I slow down. I shoot a recurve, so I haven't killed any pigs yet. But I've passed an awful lot of 40-50 yard shots on hogs.

Comment

Dwarf;
        You can get on them with a stick. Briar patches are a good start. That's were Porky and I found them.

Comment

We need to lighten up here.

Everyone go to google maps,

Type in "Granger Lake"

Hit "enter"

Click "satellite"

Laugh at the ding dong

Comment

Spradley...youre a riot. Im gonna be chuckling all day.
            Sounds like everyone is in good form.
            Yee Hawg!

Comment

Nice! Good bucks and hogs in the testicles too!

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                Dwarf;
                You can get on them with a stick. Briar patches are a good start. That's were Porky and I found them.
                Any time I chase them in the briars they put their nikes on. I think I move too quick. I'm thinking about changing strategy a bit this year, and trying to hunt mostly evenings. Hopefully I can see them first that way.

Comment

Holy ****....not sure how i missed some of this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                    Any time I chase them in the briars they put their nikes on. I think I move too quick. I'm thinking about changing strategy a bit this year, and trying to hunt mostly evenings. Hopefully I can see them first that way.
                    Briars almost require a couple hunters, one to push up from own wind and one or two on the wings at the top end. Wing shooting for hogs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                      Briars almost require a couple hunters, one to push up from own wind and one or two on the wings at the top end. Wing shooting for hogs!!!
                      I like to tell people hunting Granger speedpigs is a lot like hunting quail... if the quail were 100+lb monsters that could easily kill you when they bust out.

Comment

They usually run away from me. Most be too ugly. Need to practice hitting targets going straight away, fast.

Comment

Is Granger a draw hunt or is it open the entire hunting season.? If it is open the entire season do we just pay the $48 public land permit fee?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                            Is Granger a draw hunt or is it open the entire hunting season.? If it is open the entire season do we just pay the $48 public land permit fee?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Draw hunt for deer. Pig- just need license and $48 AHP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go buy your pig tags at the Dutchess in circleville.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

They say history repeats...

Comment

Working...
                                X