Golf Cart is ready for the trail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf Cart is ready for the trail!

Well it’s been about a month since I started this project. Finished up the bed today. Will add a front basket at some point but for now I’m pretty happy with it.

Lithium power, AC motor and controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good

Comment

That’s a nice ride. I hope the terrain isn’t to severe where you will be taking it. I took mine to the deer lease 3 years ago and destroyed the rear end within 2 months. Over $2000 later I brought it back home.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        That’s a nice ride. I hope the terrain isn’t to severe where you will be taking it. I took mine to the deer lease 3 years ago and destroyed the rear end within 2 months. Over $2000 later I brought it back home.

Ouch that’s no good. I won’t be beating on it too hard. Will steer clear of the nasty stuff to avoid that for sure.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Awesome looking cart!! Just curious what “power level” inverter it takes to power a cart like that? I thought all those carts ran on DC… I have no experience with golf carts just curious more than anything.

Comment

There’s a kit out from a company called Navitas. I got their 4kw AC kit and it hauls the mail. Will do 30+ mph with 2 guys without even thinking about it. I don’t need that kind of speed but just shows what the system is capable of

Comment

I'm ready to start some power upgrades on mine. This weekend the wife and I were getting stuck in freshly plowed ground because it just didn't have the torque.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                  I'm ready to start some power upgrades on mine. This weekend the wife and I were getting stuck in freshly plowed ground because it just didn't have the torque.

The torque from the AC system is unbelievable. Its not a cheap upgrade but it is worth it in my opinion.

Comment

So 2K for the kit plus another 2K for the batteries?

Comment

I was closer to $1500 for each. So for lithium/AC swap, approx $3k.

Comment

Very nice. Is that Raptor liner? Looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by JTate View Post
                          Very nice. Is that Raptor liner? Looks great.

Thank you. I went with Durabak. Roll on application. Super happy with it thus far.

Comment

What lithium battery setup did you go with and where did you get it? I’m looking into doing the same for a hunting cart

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
                              What lithium battery setup did you go with and where did you get it? I’m looking into doing the same for a hunting cart

I went with bigbattery.com. Went with the BDGR kit. 2-48v packs. 48ah each. 96ah total. Code fentertainment saves you 10%. Not affiliated in any way. Found the code from a YouTube video.

Comment

Working...
                              X