• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying used pipe

I need pipe for fencing.

50 of 2 3/8 @ 32 feet
    12 of 2 7/8 @ 32 feet

It seems like there is a wide range of worn out vs not etc etc. how do you know that you are getting good quality. Anyone on here sell pipe?

Thanks

I suggest finding tubing not drill stem. Inner wear can be bad on some that’s had a rod string in it. What kind of pricing are you seeing right now?

Comment

Always a crap shoot, but you can go to certain yards and buy different grades identified by paint colors. Metal is stupid high right now.

Comment

I work for a fence supply company and we sale 2 3/8" OD pipe and 2 7/8" OD pipe. I'm in Beaumont but if you want to PM me, I might be able to help you or put you in the right direction.

Just realized you're looking for 32 foot joints. The longest we carry and all fence supply companies carry usually is 24' joints. I'd find a pipe supply company but they typically go buy ID and will be hard to find 2 3/8" and 2 7/8".
        Last edited by SETXoutdoorsman; 09-16-2021, 03:05 PM. Reason: Need to add to my response

Comment

Originally posted by SETXoutdoorsman View Post
          I'd find a pipe supply company but they typically go buy ID and will be hard to find 2 3/8" and 2 7/8".
          2" and 2.5" nominal pipe is what he'll need to look for. Nominal pipe size doesn't always line up with the ID as it varies with different wall thicknesses and is kind of a "loose" description, but they will always be 2.375" and 2.875" OD.

As others said, you want tubing and not drill stem.
          Last edited by Raider4044; 09-16-2021, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Frankly I don’t care. I’m doing 8 foot centers so it’s whatever. Could be 24s. I sent you a PM. I don’t know what I’m talking about here.

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
              Always a crap shoot, but you can go to certain yards and buy different grades identified by paint colors. Metal is stupid high right now.
              Anything other than red band is going to be expensive. Red band is considered junk for oilfield uses or otherwise structural grade. Plenty of good red band tubing out there that’s more than adequate for fences, gates, etc.

Comment

I have the 2-7/8 and a load of 2-3/8 will be here mid-end of next week. All cleaned drill stem. Located in Normangee.

832-851-0634 give me a call/text

Comment

I bought 2 3/8 pipe recently and found it on Facebook marketplace.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd buy drill stem,before I ever bought another stick of tube.

Comment

There’s a guy on fb selling some cheap cheap. It’s 2 7/8 collars full of cement lol. You wouldn’t even have to put it in holes

Comment

You will be fine as long as it clean and no liners... Magnetized sucks but a welder that knows what he is doing can get around that..
                        Price has gone up over the last 6 months.. facebook or craigslist there is plenty of it around.

Comment

Working...
                        X