Starter .22 question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter .22 question.

My uncle bought me my first .22 it was a single shot daisy and I still have it. I have 2 nephews I’d like to get their first .22s I was thinking golden boys but open to other suggestions maybe a 10/22? . One is about to be 5 and the other is still a little young but I don’t want to get one something and not the other

Chipmunk comes to mind. They are small and light single shots.

Comment

check out the Cricket.

Comment

Thanks walker never heard of them. I’ll look into them.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
          My uncle bought me my first .22 it was a single shot daisy and I still have it. I have 2 nephews I’d like to get their first .22s I was thinking golden boys but open to other suggestions maybe a 10/22? . One is about to be 5 and the other is still a little young but I don’t want to get one something and not the other
          Those Daisy's are somewhat rare. Somewhat collectable. I would kind of like to get one.

You did not say how old your nephews are, to get an idea, if something like a Chipmunk would be a good choice, or a full size 22.

There are so many choices of 22 LRs out there. I would almost suggest something like a Henry lever action. It would be a bit safer than a semi auto, considering this is a first gun. But then most kids would find lever guns appealing.

Comment

Since they're little I'd say a S&W MP 15-22 or a Ruger 10/22 with a collapsible stock so as they grow you can lengthen the stock.

Comment

Henry makes a bolt action single shot that I bought my son got his first gun. Great little guns

Comment

Another bolt gun to look at is the CZ Scout. I bought a CZ 452 Scout to start my kids with. It came with a single shot adapter but could use the standard 452 magazine as well.

The current model is the CZ 457 scout. You can swap the action and barrel to a larger factory stock later according to their website.

Comment

Savage Rascal. Quite a bit better build than a Cricket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought my daughter a Savage Rascal Target XP. Sweet little single shot bolt action 22.

Comment

If they're big enough for a full size 22, I really like my savage mark ii bolt action. Otherwise a youth single shot or boys rifle as they used to be called are excellent starter guns. Nothing wrong with a semi auto either if you make sure they are responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        I bought my daughter a Savage Rascal Target XP. Sweet little single shot bolt action 22.
                        This was all of my boys first gun. Great little guns.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                          Thanks walker never heard of them. I’ll look into them.
                          I think I have one at the house that I could pass down to you. It was
                          Given to me and have no one that can use it anymore. Shoot me a PM and I’ll look for it when I get home.

Comment

Ruger 10/22 hands down! They'll never outgrow it and their grand kids will be shooting it.

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

The Ruger American with the adjustable stock. Start them on a bolt gun rather than a semi-auto, simpler and safer.
                              Adios,
                              Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X