Technology :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technology :(

I must be getting older. Not GOF old, but old enough to realize that not every technological advancement should be praised.

We were tasked with creating a video for a friend's 40th birthday. I do have a degree in mass communication. Some of the material and coursework covered recording and editing videos. That was about 10 years ago though.

I ended up purchasing a GoPro Hero 8 over the summer and thought I would give it a go. I hadn't used it since recording Nolan swimming... anyway... I discovered the auto-upload feature. Well, had problems with it. Had problems with the camera recording all the footage, too.
    Whatever, got the shots I needed the next morning, and onto editing.

Editing software is crap on windows 10. After getting to about 98% finished, I ended up needing another program to complete. Downloaded it, and it won't open after installation. Ticket open with their IT team, but for 39 bucks it should work immediately!

So I purchased a 2nd program for $16. All of a sudden after I finished editing and just need to play the video in its entirety to make sure nothing else needs to change, poof, the entire video is black and there is no sound.

I finalized the video anyway and it working, but that takes a ton of time when rendering a video shot in 4k.

Not to mention something as simple as TV... I don't have cable or any streaming programs but to watch the MLB playoffs I got YouTube TV. Ugh. What a PITA. Gotta download channels or apps or whatever and wait for ads and loading just to watch something. Life was simpler when you just hit "power" and something showed up on the screen.

Shoulda just used your phone.

Comment

I have several editors, that work for my Roku channel..
      I can edit, old school. Ya know, Sony, edit bay type stuff.
      I even have an edit "Pro" program, on my computer. And I'm like you
      I can't figure out, how they do it either. Good luck to ya.

Comment

This wouldn’t have happened on a Mac. Just sayin’.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
          ^^^ this lady knows her stuff ^^^

To the OP, Nolan will be helping you with all the new techie stuff in no time

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
            Yall figure out how to right click and maybe we can talk.

Comment

Working...
            X