X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 College Football - Week 7

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    I’m confident that the Cowboy’s defense can keep it from being a runaway even though they will probably give up a couple big plays - Texas offense is the most explosive we’ve seen this year. The bye week has helped us get healthy at receiver but it’s mostly going to come down to Spencer Sanders. We’ve been waiting for 3 years for his decision making to catch-up with his talent – he shows it in flashes but still has a bad panic throw or three every game. He is very mobile which I think will give the Horns D some trouble. Given how the Cowboys defense has been playing, if we can score in the 30’s I think have a good chance of coming away with the W.

Agreed, but I like Texas at home this season. This will be the best defense Texas has faced, statistically. The pokes have only played one true road game so far this season. I figure you'll learn a lot about your team Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Chad C; 10-15-2021, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I’m confident that the Cowboy’s defense can keep it from being a runaway even though they will probably give up a couple big plays - Texas offense is the most explosive we’ve seen this year. The bye week has helped us get healthy at receiver but it’s mostly going to come down to Spencer Sanders. We’ve been waiting for 3 years for his decision making to catch-up with his talent – he shows it in flashes but still has a bad panic throw or three every game. He is very mobile which I think will give the Horns D some trouble. Given how the Cowboys defense has been playing, if we can score in the 30’s I think have a good chance of coming away with the W.
      Rumor on campus (my son is there) is way too much time enjoying the Stillwater nightlife has slowed his progression to match his recruited talent
      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

I almost don't want Texas to get a lead bigger than 6-7 points. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Never even glance at the **** brake peddle, BoB.

Comment

His ability to run and make off schedule plays is what scares me the most with Spencer.

This will be the best defense Texas has faced, so I hope Sark is ready. Texas lost J Whitt who was our go to 3rd Down receiver, so I am looking for who is going to step up and move the chains for Texas. The TE's have been quiet so far in the passing game, so that is my pick for biggest surprise this week.

Comment

I feel like this squad has the maturity to move on from last Saturday and keep their sights set on the big picture still obtainable. Let’s hope they prove it on the field. I’m pretty sure Thompson is the first QB to throw for 5 TD’s and lose the RRS. The offense will continue to churn. Need that defense to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                His ability to run and make off schedule plays is what scares me the most with Spencer.

This will be the best defense Texas has faced, so I hope Sark is ready. Texas lost J Whitt who was our go to 3rd Down receiver, so I am looking for who is going to step up and move the chains for Texas. The TE's have been quiet so far in the passing game, so that is my pick for biggest surprise this week.

I’m leaning Kelvontay Dixon

Comment

Oklahoma State has played what appears to be a soft schedule up until now. It will be interesting to see where they are at. I like Texus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Texas has the 4th most efficient offense in the country. 2nd in power 5.

Heard that on a national radio show so I dont have the stats.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok State hasn’t played anyone with a pulse. I’m not sure they are that good. I like Sark before Dark in this one and I predict lots of points.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                        Ags - 35
                        Mizzou - 17

Horns - 48
                        Pokes - 42

Gators - 31
                        Tigers - 14

Georgia - 27
                        Kentucky - 21

That Texas/OSU game should be a fun watch. Texas Tech/Kansas will be like a battle of the basement. Almost hope Tech loses so we can have more reason to go ahead and get rid of the wells experiment. What a disappointing season.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                          I think the key to Texas vs Okie State is for Texas to jump on them quickly and make Spencer throw the ball. Gundy wants to run the ball and play defense and does not want to get into a shootout with Texas. It is amazing how Gundy continues to reinvent himself and that team with the trends in the Big 12. I hope we see a hungry and fast Texas team out of the gates on Saturday morning.

Then we can worry about the 4th quarter that Texas has sucked when we get there.
                          Except last weekend proved no matter how far you get down keep pounding the rock on Texas D.

Comment

I just talk to a group of osu alums at Herd’s in Jacksboro on their way to the game. They were quite confident, and seemed rather thirsty![emoji23]

Comment

I think we need to lock up our issues for the Utah game. No more needless penalties

Comment

Looks like the pokes enjoy penalties equally, will that zebra that nudged Chuck for a flag be present and accounted for.

Last edited by Chad C; 10-15-2021, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X