This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
    I don’t have a problem with restricting media at practice, but start the season with that policy. Don’t enact it in the middle of the week when you have a QB controversy on your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fair enough

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      I’d like a Brady interview as well but i don’t see him doing it unless LSU beats him to poor decision making with money, and i wouldn’t be very confident he hangs around long

I saw that Brady is on the Las Vegas Raiders short list.

Comment

Dude on Texags just posted Blake Bost's (FR walkon QB whose backing up Calzada now) HUDL highlights and stated "Posted for a reason"... Has since deleted the comment but....

I'm gonna freak out anyways and say Calzada is injured and we're starting a walkon saturday at QB

Poster is an orthopedic surgeon (knees) for another P5 team apparently. Fork me
        Last edited by EastTexasMan; 10-13-2021, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
          Dude on Texags just posted Blake Bost's (FR walkon QB whose backing up Calzada now) HUDL highlights and stated "Posted for a reason"... Has since deleted the comment but....

I'm gonna freak out anyways and say Calzada is injured and we're starting a walkon saturday at QB
          Possibly the knee from last week?

Comment

I can’t imagine Brady coming back, he’s seemed destined for the NFL all along, and that star is shining bright right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              Why isn't Billy Napier the guy? He is in state and proven. He has turned down some good jobs as well waiting on the right one. He has spent time under Dabo and Saban.

Dave Aranda is another name they could circle back to. He has Baylor on an upward trajectory it seems.
              Napier should be in the top 3 if not the number 1 target but he doesn't fit the Scott Woodward philosophy of throwing a buttload of money at a big name never mind Napier has taken a school with absolutely no winning tradition and made them very competitive. Taken a team with mainly 1 stars when he arrived and added a few 4 stars and a ton of 3 stars and has worked under Saban and Dabo. I don't think Woodward hires him but I think LSU regrets not doing so 5 years down the road.

Aranda on the other hand is not a proven recruiter at all and was never much a part of it while at LSU. What he can offer is a no BS approach and he will never be a distraction to the program.

LSU has won NC's with 3 straight coaches. Two of whom are buffoons'. Imagine what they can do with an actual x and o guy who isn't always in the spotlight bc of their antics.
              Last edited by RaginCagin; 10-13-2021, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Woody will do what TAF tells him to do. Period!

Comment

2021 College Football - Week 7

But but……he looked just fine doing that Milly Rock dance in the locker room after the game??

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                    Why isn't Billy Napier the guy? He is in state and proven. He has turned down some good jobs as well waiting on the right one. He has spent time under Dabo and Saban.

Dave Aranda is another name they could circle back to. He has Baylor on an upward trajectory it seems.
                    Aranda - some LSU fans believe he lacks the HC experience, and BU is to small a sample size (current W/L record 7-8). Some aren't sold on his ability to recruit. Aranda is probably 4th or 5th on the list of HC's LSU fans seem to want.

Napier - He's interviewed for USCe, AUB, and MSU. He's waiting for "the right" job. Athletic Boosters know the ULL job is a stepping stone and only a matter of time before he's gone. His salary was increased to $2M which is unheard on in the SunBelt.

FYI - there's a heated animosity amongst some LSU & ULL (USL) fans. It's due to politics in Baton Rouge when USL tried to change their name to The University of Louisiana 25 years ago. The powers at LSU made sure it was shot down and they laughed at USL. These same LSU fans constantly criticize ULL and want to see them fail at everything. In retaliation, certain ULL fans show their support for Alabama and want LSU to get embarrassed in sports. In summary it's the big brother syndrome where select LSU fans will have nothing to do with ULL, including hiring an up and coming young CFB HC. Napier is further down the list than Aranda of what some LSU fans want.

FWIW - I attended both Universities (LSU 1986-1987) and have my BS '92 and MS '94 from USL. Grew up an LSU fan attending football games since I was 4-5 yrs old (1973). I consider myself rational probably because I don't drink and act like a raving drunk Cajun lunatic. Some fans (from ALL schools) are just miserable and take sports waaaaay to seriously. I want what's best for both schools because success and winning in sports is great for the local economies and State.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      yes...heard you already have his jersey ordered...and signed him for a weekly NIL interview for Brock Basement Talk...
                      Except the OK trailers don't have basements

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                        Aranda - some LSU fans believe he lacks the HC experience, and BU is to small a sample size (current W/L record 7-8). Some aren't sold on his ability to recruit. Aranda is probably 4th or 5th on the list of HC's LSU fans seem to want.

Napier - He's interviewed for USCe, AUB, and MSU. He's waiting for "the right" job. Athletic Boosters know the ULL job is a stepping stone and only a matter of time before he's gone. His salary was increased to $2M which is unheard on in the SunBelt.

FYI - there's a heated animosity amongst some LSU & ULL (USL) fans. It's due to politics in Baton Rouge when USL tried to change their name to The University of Louisiana 25 years ago. The powers at LSU made sure it was shot down and they laughed at USL. These same LSU fans constantly criticize ULL and want to see them fail at everything. In retaliation, certain ULL fans show their support for Alabama and want LSU to get embarrassed in sports. In summary it's the big brother syndrome where select LSU fans will have nothing to do with ULL, including hiring an up and coming young CFB HC. Napier is further down the list than Aranda of what some LSU fans want.

FWIW - I attended both Universities (LSU 1986-1987) and have my BS '92 and MS '94 from USL. Grew up an LSU fan attending football games since I was 4-5 yrs old (1973). I consider myself rational probably because I don't drink and act like a raving drunk Cajun lunatic. Some fans (from ALL schools) are just miserable and take sports waaaaay to seriously. I want what's best for both schools because success and winning in sports is great for the local economies and State.
                        Napier is too clean and classy for LSU

I like the guy.

Comment

Well, look who came out of hiding. LOL!

Comment

This is a good game for Calzada to sit out and get healthy, if possible. Aggie could beat Missouri with an intermueral QB. If the walk on gets hurt, just run the wildcat every play, still would win by 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                              Yep.

I think I’d try to get Napier. And I’d also at least ask Joe Brady to interview.
                              made it publicly known he hates recruiting, traveling to meet with families in their homes, and dealing with the social media drama of 16-18 yr old kids.

his work history financials are mind-blowing. 9 years ago he was in college playing football making $0 a year

2009-2012: student / athlete at Wm & Mary WR
                              2013-2014: Wm & Mary LB coach $35K/yr, left after 2 yrs
                              2015-2016: GA at Penn State , $40K/yr. left after 2 years
                              2017-2018: asst. off. analyst @ NO Saints, $85K/yr. left after 2 years
                              2019: LSU passing game coordinator $410K/yr. left after 1 year.
                              just before the NC game, LSU gave him a new long term contract to $1.2M/yr. .... he still left and agreed to be the OC job at Carolina for 4-5 years @ $3M year

currently @ Carolina.... he will leave for an NFL HC job in 6 months and get paid around $8-$9M/year .... continuing his cycle of staying at 1 place for 2 years and moving on

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK
                                This all depends on whether Riley makes Williams the rightful #1 or whether he puts the albino back in. Williams in, no losses until the conference game, Rattle in, possibly 2 loses and no conference game.
                                Classless comment.

Comment

Working...
                                X