Space is super gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Space is super gay

Ive never been into space, but I watched a video of todays blue origin flight anyway. The way the rocket returns back to earth and lands is pretty **** impressive. If you haven't seen it, its worth a few minutes. the return landing is around the 2:27:30 mark

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilfL8HCBTfk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilfL8HCBTfk[/ame]

That landing is so intense... lol

Comment

buzz aldrin, some old F

Comment

Love the ticket reference!

Comment

From 0-1900 mph in 2 minutes. I want one.

Comment

The Kármán line (or von Karman line) or 54 nautical miles; 62 miles; 330,000 feet is the altitude you have to cross to OFFICIALLY be in space. We should actually be REALLY disappointed that in 2021 we are only going up the bare minimum 351,185 feet so some folks can get there jollies. They don't even have to do a re-entry burn. What the whole flight was like 11 minutes. When they were doing the moon missions, the technology was so ancient it's not even funny. Look what you can do with an Iphone now, and we can't even figure out how to get back to the Moon or Mars (or did we even go).

Pretty disappointing.

Comment

The vertical landing stuff Space X and Dr. Evil are doing is pretty impressive. I will say that.

Comment

If these billionaires had not entered the whole space realm would NASA ever have come up with reusable rockets that land in the spot they left from?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  If these billionaires had not entered the whole space realm would NASA ever have come up with reusable rockets that land in the spot they left from?
                  Doubt it. But If people from back when the moon missions where in they hay day were to take a guess at where we would be in 2021, I bet they'd guess we'd be alot farther.

Comment

Pointless waste of money. All the problems we have and people are wasting time and money on this.

Comment

10/10 title P1

Comment

You could legit bow hunt out of that thing.

Comment

The reason fossil fuels still lead the industry in transportation is because we don't have to ability to think beyond it.
                          Going up to space is fine I guess but for it to begin to be meaningful we have to find a way to go fast enough in space to go somewhere we can expand.
                          This planet is taking a beating and the rate humans are reproducing it can't support the abuse and use forever. We either need somewhere to expand to or escape to.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it actual space or the edge of space that they can go to?

Comment

No truck nuts attached? Bummer

Comment

Working...
                              X