Clear All

Sweet deer Bisch! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on a great buck, Bisch.

Comment

Congrats Bisch…that buck is perfect!

Comment

We've had had our place for 5 years and I hadn't taken a buck. Some years I had pictures of good bucks I never saw in person. Some years I had a good one come in but never offer a quality shot. Sometimes that had been discouraging but we almost always have multiple deer at our set ups so that is a bonus.
          This year I told myself I was not going to sweat killing the biggest buck around. Just a mature solid buck was enough. I didn't put up cameras just so I wouldn't have expectations.
          Opening weekend I spent hunting a friends place and had a great time so this weekend was my first opportunity to hunt my place.
          I had thirteen deer in then this guy showed up.
          I went back and forth on whether to shoot him or not. When he jumped into the feeder with the pen around it I said wth. I drew on him three times and let down each time as he moved and changed my shot angle.
          Finally he was quartering at 13 yards and I drew an anchored. He took one step which put him quartering slightly more.
          So I came up the offside leg, settled and released. Click image for larger version

Name:	20211009_072824.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	24665144

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

He had trouble exiting, landing on the panel and tearing up the broadhead on it as he tumbled over. He turned back to his left and disappeared from sight.
            As the other deer slowly filtered back in I played the shot over in my head. Drawing and and anchoring were focused and but when he moved the adjustment was almost without thought.
            I saw both sides with arrow sticking out and as he ran off it apparent that the hit was lethal and he wouldn't go far.
            But it took a while for the rest of the deer to finish the corn an wander off allowing me to exit the stand and take up the blood trail.
            Broken ends of arrow were found along the trail but it was a short trail. 60 or 70 yards in he was piled up. The double lung shot from the Grizzlystik head put him down quickly.
            He's not a monster but he weighed 180lbs live weight and had some serious backstraps on him.
            Only my second traditional buck so I'm pleased.Click image for larger version

Name:	20211009_094917.jpg
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	24665145Click image for larger version

Name:	20211009_094944.jpg
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	24665146

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              He had trouble exiting, landing on the panel and tearing up the broadhead on it as he tumbled over. He turned back to his left and disappeared from sight.
              As the other deer slowly filtered back in I played the shot over in my head. Drawing and and anchoring were focused and but when he moved the adjustment was almost without thought.
              I saw both sides with arrow sticking out and as he ran off it apparent that the hit was lethal and he wouldn't go far.
              But it took a while for the rest of the deer to finish the corn an wander off allowing me to exit the stand and take up the blood trail.
              Broken ends of arrow were found along the trail but it was a short trail. 60 or 70 yards in he was piled up. The double lung shot from the Grizzlystik head put him down quickly.
              He's not a monster but he weighed 180lbs live weight and had some serious backstraps on him.
              Only my second traditional buck so I'm pleased.[ATTACH]1065607[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1065608[/ATTACH]

Great story congrats amigo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Way to go Gary!!!!!

Congrats!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Way to go Gary.

Comment

Congrats! Yall are getting it done.