No announcement yet.

They are earning their paycheck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son got back Saturday. He had been there for two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I heard there was an accident today with a lineman in St Charles parish, wife said there was a FB post asking for prayers.. it’s a tough job!

Comment

They are very hard workers and must have complete confidence in each other.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
          Hard workers right there. And if working in them wet jeans don't give you a case of swamp ace...nothing will. Hope they got some gold bond.
          Boudreaux's Butt Paste

Comment

I have utmost respect for those guys

Comment

Those are some tough dudes ! I had the pleasure of being a Lineman / narrow for several years.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                Why do they need any special thanks or treatment? They knew what they were getting into when they took the job and are high paid doing it.

Actually I was just repeating what I sometimes here when people talk about the police.

The first few years I spent on patrol was on the night shift. I ran into these guys during severe thunderstorms, hurricanes, house and structure fires, poles cut in half from vehicle accidents and every other condition. Because of our jobs we ran into each other quite often. I always stop to talk with them, give them water if they did not have or go get anything they needed. I never ran into one with an attitude. It was a great bunch of people to have around with the crap got tough.

At first I was like wow bro seriously hahaha!!! Yep, tough dudes with tough work. I’ve run into a bunch and you’re assessment is spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My son Josh (ChewJr) in LA a few days ago. He just got back and went straight to working 16s for the storm here.

Comment

Thanks, to all of ya'll...
                    Ain't no telling, what kinda garbage, is in that water, too...

Comment

The guys that went down first after the storm were sleeping in their trucks and eating of the tailgate because no rooms were available
                      Hats off to these guys and Thanks!

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          Those guys go from that to trapping pigs and stabbing them in the face with sharpened ground rods. Or so Ive been told
                          You must be talking about the same line crews I work with.

Those guys work their tails off. Some of our crews working restoration in south Louisiana will be there until November. They're going to need trailers to put all the cash they've been earning in, working 7 16's adds up pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
                            You must be talking about the same line crews I work with.

Those guys work their tails off. Some of our crews working restoration in south Louisiana will be there until November. They're going to need trailers to put all the cash they've been earning in, working 7 16's adds up pretty quick.
                            I was referring to a guy here who was/is a lineman

I know the crew that got power on at my house during Harvey got deer sausage roll ups and fluids delivered by my wife.

They didn't turn any of it away

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thankful for their service!!!

Comment

Linemen love that storm pay! If they didn't have to sleep, they wouldn't LOL...our linemen back in WI couldn't wait for hurricane/tornado season, and winter. The worse the storm, the more they made.

Comment

Working...
                                X