TPWD Loyalty points question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD Loyalty points question

If you get drawn for a hunt but cannot go so you do not purchase the permit do you lose your loyalty points for that category or do you keep them for next year?

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
    If you get drawn for a hunt but cannot go so you do not purchase the permit do you lose your loyalty points for that category or do you keep them for next year?
    They roll to next year.

Comment

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
        They roll to next year.
        I don’t think that’s the case. If you are drawn, you use your points whether you buy the permit or not

Comment

I thought you lost them also

Comment

I thought you lost then as well

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
              They roll to next year.
              That is a negative.
              If you are drawn, whether you purchase the permit or not, you lose all your points in that category.
              The only time you would regain those points is if TPWD cancels the hunt and you had paid for the permit. In that case, you may even have to call the office and make them put your points back in. Happened to me once.

Comment

Once drawn they go to zero

Comment

Ok, I just got educated.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                    That is a negative.
                    If you are drawn, whether you purchase the permit or not, you lose all your points in that category.
                    The only time you would regain those points is if TPWD cancels the hunt and you had paid for the permit. In that case, you may even have to call the office and make them put your points back in. Happened to me once.
                    100% correct, when they cancelled RC 2 years ago because of floods our group had drawn it, one guy passed on buying the permit and they would not refund his loyalty points but everyone who did pay for the permit got their points back.

Comment

How do you find out how many reward points a person has? How many points do you need before you start getting drawn for something?

Comment

Kinda depends, I have 8-9 points in many categories. I know people who have 20+ points.

You can look at the number or permits availible and divide that by the number of applicants from the year before and you will quickly realize that the better hunts have odds of less than 5%

Comment

Nope you lose them. Happened to me before.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                            How do you find out how many reward points a person has? How many points do you need before you start getting drawn for something?
                            My BIL and I got drawn for RC the first time we applied. I got drawn on a hunt two years in a row. There isn't a formula.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                              How do you find out how many reward points a person has?
                              You can login on the TPWD site and see this.

Comment

Working...
                              X