No announcement yet.

Air B&B Litigation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is an easy fix hoss, because of the nature of eviction laws, someone rent per the app, change the locks and squat.

If the individuals can get mail started and change their drivers license, they are golden.

It will cost him a fortune under the Covid circumstances to remove them.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
      This is an easy fix hoss, because of the nature of eviction laws, someone rent per the app, change the locks and squat.

If the individuals can get mail started and change their drivers license, they are golden.

It will cost him a fortune under the Covid circumstances to remove them.
      I’ve had my eye on a place in Key Allegro in Rockport. Sounds like an investment strategy I’ve never thought of. Don’t even need good credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Do you have his address in Florida?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        This^^^Find his address, buy a house in HIS neighborhood in Florida, and rent it out in the same manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhorn95 View Post
          I love having my primary residence in a private, gated, and strictly regulated HOA neighborhood.
          I'll say a prayer for you .
          You couldn't melt me and pour me into a neighborhood of any kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Do you have his address in Florida?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Free goat add on CL and a subscription to buck masters.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhorn95 View Post
              I love having my primary residence in a private, gated, and strictly regulated HOA neighborhood.
              Sorry to hear!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                Keep doing it, it will take a long time. But if he likes living there then he has a long time to give.

Speaking as a cop, LEO will soon realize the one that’s calling is the problem. Not the one renting the house

Comment

Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
                  Not sure how many skipped over this, but I got a laugh out of it!

Buellers not there apparently.

Re reading this again it seems this is more of a grumpy old man/buyers remorse thread.

Kids have been partying irresponsibly since there were kids. It's not going to change. It's us that change.

The simplest solution to this problem can be solved where no one gets hurt.

Kuma,

Have your Paper Tiger Deed Restriction Committee allocate some funds to buy a cell phone signal jammer. A strong one. Test it out beforehand.

Keep an eye on the rental schedule. Turn it on before the renter shows up.
                  He/she won't be able to contact anyone that planned on coming cause they won't be able to update everyone with pics & social media updates, calls & txts.

The girls won't go because their phones won't work there and when the guys hear this they will follow the girls to wherever else they will go and the guys with the drugs will think its a setup and blame the guy throwing the party a narc and want to fight him later.

Just make sure to turn it off when the last guess leaves. Owner will send somebody by to check on everything and it will be working fine.

After a few times the renters will trash the place online reviews saying its in a dead cell area, do not rent this property, he's a crook and won't refund any money for not telling us there was no cell service in the area.

Then Air BNB & home owner & renters can sort it out.

It won't take very long for people to find someplace else to party.

Comment

Originally posted by BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD View Post
                    Is there a clause in your CCRs that restrict commercial use of the property except for small office use? Most states consider AirB&Bs to be commercial. And you can restrict the rentals to being no less than a stated time period. You can not restrict from renting, but you can set guide lines as to the least amount that you can rent. It will end up costing the HOA money in lawyers but it is doable.
                    No you cant, read the Texas Supreme Court ruling

Comment

Was wondering when a voice of reason would speak up.

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                      Speaking as a cop, LEO will soon realize the one that’s calling is the problem. Not the one renting the house

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                        Here is my take. Sorry that you have a bad neighbor but he owns the place and he should be able to rent it out if he wants too. That is how ownership should work. The only solution should be to buy him out or move yourself. His rights don't stop just because his neighbors do not like him.

-john
                        Most times I would agree with this but not in this case. The op bought a home in a residential neighborhood. The house in question is being used as a hotel, not a residence. Unfortunately due to how the laws are written it may still be considered a home. The owner is hosing everyone in the neighborhood and doesn't care. If those are the rules he wants to play by, then it's game on.

Comment

Lever here is the argument- The crappy neighbor did his research and buys in places that do not restrict him from having AB&B. He purchases this property then after the fact he is restricted.

I believe in landowner rights.

Comment

How much did the bass really weigh???

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                              How much did the bass really weigh???

I missed the bass part of this thread but my biggest was a little over 14 1/2 pounds......

-john

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                                I missed the bass part of this thread but my biggest was a little over 14 1/2 pounds......

-john

Different thread, the op didn’t get answers that he liked so he berated the site and threatened to leave about 6 times. Ended up being an internet fish that a guide caught. We never found out how big it really was lol

Comment

Working...
                                X