No announcement yet.

Best Sawzall Blade For Quartering A Deer/Hog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only use them to split hogs down the back bone & found construction wood blades push / pull it while hanging...pruning blades make quick work.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      Good grief he didn’t ask y’all if he needed a saw or not.

OP any new wood blade works just fine on the bone.
      I’m glad you said it. I wasn’t going to be so nice. Probably that same guys that say buy the chit and process it yourself when someone asks for a good processor in xyz area����
      Last edited by zztex; 11-28-2020, 01:26 PM.

Comment

^^ditto^^

Those same guys should go to the “Pistol carry in the truck” thread with.... why do you need to carry a pistol in a truck?

Comment

As mentioned, Diablo Demo's work great for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            I only use them to split hogs down the back bone & found construction wood blades push / pull it while hanging...pruning blades make quick work.
            Agree on the pruning blade. When I use the Sawzall its with a 12" pruning blade.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
              I’m glad you said it. I wasn’t going to be so nice. Probably that same guys that say buy the chit and process it yourself when someone asks for a good processor in xyz area����

All the while they take theirs to the processor.

Comment

Yup!! Bunch of deer skinning super stars in here. We use a sawzall. Especially in the hip/ball joint area. I pull it out for the head/neck (euro) or horns so its not any extra effort to get out. I have popped plenty of ball joints in my day and its doesn't get any easier or quicker than a good sawzall through the hip bone. I like the 9" Milwaukee Wrecker as its a good happy medium.....zip zip

Comment

3-5 teeth per inch and stainless steel with no paint are better. The coarser the tooth the less likely it will gum up with meat or fat.

I buy them off amazon, they work very well. Half frozen meat cuts better with a saw if your cutting steaks or chops. Just wash the bone chips off before packaging or cooking.

Comment

Whatever is in your buddy's sawzall so you can goop his up instead of your's.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                      Whatever is in your buddy's sawzall so you can goop his up instead of your's.

Hahahha...I place a piece of duct tape on my front guards from the roll I keep in my box and then run the blade through it. Keeps most of that stuff out of the area. Peel it off when done and good to go.

Comment

I was gonna make a similar comment about how a saw is not needed, but some of y’all seem a little touchy about that. Perhaps the OP is not aware that it’s just as fast (maybe faster) to just use a knife, and doesn’t get bone fragments everywhere. I will use a saw to cut the horns off. And to cut the shoulders shorter for hunters who show up with little coolers. Just a bone saw.

Comment

there are times, in a hurry, or what not. After cutting everything except hams, I will take a sawsall to the pelvic bone and split the hams and toss them in the cooler.

Lotta ways to skin the cat.

Comment

Up here the guides use them a lot on moose, especially when you can’t debone in certain zones. Pruning or wood blades and an extra battery. Knocks It out quick.

Comment

I ain't hating on sawing, but at the end of the day you still gotta debone the meat and you can do that while its hanging.

I'll likely sawzall an animal or two this season.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Hahahha...I place a piece of duct tape on my front guards from the roll I keep in my box and then run the blade through it. Keeps most of that stuff out of the area. Peel it off when done and good to go.
                                I just use your's when you aren't looking and don't worry about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X