No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No hunting for me today. Had to be in newborn duty all day today.

Hopefully will be back at it in the morning before the rain hits. For those of you with bikes, plan accordingly for the mud tomorrow just in case it does rain!

Comment

Anyone gonna be out there next weekend ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post

I’ll be there next weekend

Comment

I'll be there with my nephew, we are coming from Houston. It will be both of our first ever drawn hunts. We are looking forward to it. I had to rent a house to bring the whole family and agree to give up one day because it is my daughter's first birthday on the 22nd. We are all going to the Gladys Porter Zoo that day. See yall there!

Comment

I’ll be there as well. Y’all don’t hesitate to reach out if you need any help.

No LDPs from this weekend’s crew so far? I’m surprised.

Comment

I’ll be there.

Comment

Me and a couple others in my group will be there. Weather looks warm. bring your skeeter, snake,tick & gator repellent.

Comment

I will

Comment

Me and two buddies will be out on patrol next weekend. Coming from Houston. Let me know if anyone needs help pulling an animal out. We’ll be staying at the park

Comment

Come on "A" team, im rooting for you
                      Last edited by RiverRat00; 11-14-2020, 09:15 PM.

Comment

The "A" team has been awflee quiet on here- I know last year they scored on several nice bucks.

I'm sure Gbladeu and company are making a game plan to turn around what has been an otherwise slow hunt for everyone at Laguna Madre
                        Last edited by RiverRat00; 11-14-2020, 09:52 PM.

Comment

I was able to put together a few nice stalks today with the help of the high winds. Rushed shots, swirling wind, and fleeting day light got the best of me. The worst was missing a 6 foot shot on a sleeping hog. Never thinking to practice that close I made the mistake of aiming low with my 20 yard pin but not low enough and sending the arrow slightly over its back. The LANWR never stops testing your mental fortitude, skill, tactics, and gear. Three more days and a cool front left, let’s see what we can put together. At least you didn’t miss a 6 foot shot today! I wish I had that on back...

Comment

Originally posted by jpdarby2 View Post
                            I was able to put together a few nice stalks today with the help of the high winds. Rushed shots, swirling wind, and fleeting day light got the best of me. The worst was missing a 6 foot shot on a sleeping hog. Never thinking to practice that close I made the mistake of aiming low with my 20 yard pin but not low enough and sending the arrow slightly over its back. The LANWR never stops testing your mental fortitude, skill, tactics, and gear. Three more days and a cool front left, let’s see what we can put together. At least you didn’t miss a 6 foot shot today! I wish I had that on back...

Oh man! I bet that was a rush!!! Did you stalk in that close on purpose or just stumble on to it?

That close I use my 60 yard pin.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertT84 View Post
                              I'll be there with my nephew, we are coming from Houston. It will be both of our first ever drawn hunts. We are looking forward to it. I had to rent a house to bring the whole family and agree to give up one day because it is my daughter's first birthday on the 22nd. We are all going to the Gladys Porter Zoo that day. See yall there!
                              You might want to contact Gladys Porter zoo and make sure they are open. It had been closed in the recent past due to the Corona. I thought for sure the corona virus would be over after the election. Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FlyGuyy View Post
                                Oh man! I bet that was a rush!!! Did you stalk in that close on purpose or just stumble on to it?

That close I use my 60 yard pin.

Maybe too much of a Rush since I missed! I was still hunting some fresh hog sign on the leeward side of some brush next to water with cattails, I had a blown opportunity on two other hogs I stalked to 25 yards so I continued the hunt and when I got to the corner of the brush the hog was sleeping in a bed warming in the sun with his snout facing the wind. Honestly I probably jumped a little because I was so surprised he was 6 feet away so I rushed a shot before he noticed me. Looking back he had zero clue I was there I could have pulled his tail if I had the huevos

Comment

Working...
                                X