2019 Hagerman Seg. B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batesdc View Post
    Out of curiosity who hunts from tree stand Vs ground blind. And what's your reason. I generally hunt from pop up blind as I'm not fond of heights.

Stand is mine. Much easier to conceal and move if needed. I love blinds just not for this hunt. I’ll be saddle hunting if I ever get drawn out again. Even more mobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've always seen more from a climber/tree stand vs a ground blind of course it depends if the weather is bad for me.

Comment

692 yards is heaven! I'm about 3 miles in. Takes about 50 minutes to walk out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
          692 yards is heaven! I'm about 3 miles in. Takes about 50 minutes to walk out.

You walking 3 miles in under an hour? I would need a nap and a dinner break to make that walk.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
            You walking 3 miles in under an hour? I would need a nap and a dinner break to make that walk.

.....and God Bless America.
            It's 2.25 the way the crow flies from the gate and I'm about 300 yards in the woods so it may be closer to 2.75 but either way, it's a long walk.

Comment

Segment A:

Segment B:

Too soon?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
                Segment A:

Segment B:

Too soon?

I guess I miss the joke??[emoji848]

Comment

Buddy shot a wide 8 at last light. Waiting on permission to cross private property where he found last blood.

Comment

So, does anybody know how many animals were taken? Excluding the one above.

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
                      Segment A:

Segment B:

Too soon?

Reaaaalllllll funny

Comment

2019 Hagerman Seg. B

“And like the snows of yesteryear, Seg B 2019 hunt is gone forever from this earth...”

~Inglorious bast-erds

Last edited by ZINS708; 11-17-2019, 07:27 PM.

Comment

I threw in the towel at noon

Friday started off slow but by dark I thought I was in a great spot

Saturday I saw 2 deer and by lunch decided to relocate about 100yds NE
                          Spooked a doe taking stand down and never saw another deer

This morning I had what I thought was my "golden ticket" coming my way as it was just getting light enough to shoot. Then it got closer and I could tell it was probably a spike but then it got across the creek and it had about 1" splits on each side. No biggie because I was not hauling a spike out of there.
                          At 0720 I had doe and I guess the water was too cold in the creek for her hooves because she got to the water and turned back up the bank and followed the creek
                          By the time it got to noon I was tired and done. Too late to start moving then so I got down and got all my stuff together. Decided to throw it all together and make one trip out. I made it but it was a beating

I consider my hunt a success. I saw some TBH members I had not seen in a few years, I made a new friend and I saw the biggest buck I have ever seen while hunting (and got to watch him and his lady friend hang out for over an hour) and saw way more deer in 2.5 days this hunt than the 3 I saw on my first hunt
                          I spent 30.5hrs in the stand and I am better for it

Congrats again to all who punched their tag and bravo to the ones that stuck it out until dark today

Comment

What an awesome place to hunt . only seen 6 deer all weekend. But I had a smile on my face the ride home tonight.
                            That is the funnest deer hunt I have ever been on. I'm tired sore and hungry.
                            Friday morning I had a buck that was in the 160's at 30 yards, and tonight at 530 had a buck @ 40 yrds chasing and never gave me a shot. When the doe and him left I grunted and gave a snort wheez. About 5 minutes later he came back down wind and busted me. I'm here to tell you, you could have sawed the horns of the 160 buck, threw them through this bucks rack without hitting the sides. He was the majestic haggerman monster I have heard so much about. 36 hours in the stand only see 6 deer and I can't wait till I draw again 😂

Comment

BTW

Did anybody fess up to leaving the "equipment" mentioned in orientation?

Also who ran over the coyote on Keefer road trying to get to check in Saturdy morning?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                                BTW

Did anybody fess up to leaving the "equipment" mentioned in orientation?

Also who ran over the coyote on Keefer road trying to get to check in Saturdy morning?

Curious what “equipment” was mentioned? I’m hunting Seg C.

Comment

Working...
                                X