Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's on your wrist?? I'll start

Originally posted by blood-sport View Post
    What was the retail of that Garmin?? I’ve been thinking of getting another. I have the 920x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a connection to someone who works for Garmin and gets 40% off MSRP
    $375

Pretty sure they can be had for under $600 though

Comment

I posted a thread up here the other day looking for a new watch to replace my 5.11 HRT. Chose the Luminox 8882 Black Ops. So far I am very happy with it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3091 - Copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	24599407
      Attached Files

Comment

Name:	IMG_1242.jpg
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	24599409

Comment

I dig that explorer !!

Comment

Just and old Seiko with a little cerakote work done.
            Attached Files

Comment

I decided to step up my game !!

Very pleased with this move

Comment

At one time, 15 - 20 years ago, I was a very, very serious WIS who was always buying, selling, trading, etc. It was a pretty serious hobby. I actually made a reasonable profit from doing it. Rolex, Panerai, Breitling, Zenith, Omega, etc etc etc. I really got into Tudor's (especially the chrono's) as I thought they were great for the money....at the time anyway.

There are a few I wish I'd kept.... Omega "pre-moon," perfect 5513, perfect 1675, etc....but the number one, without question, was the Zenith Deluca in the picture. Man I wish I'd kept it....

For the past 15 years I've researched "boutique" brands who build larger, 44 - 46mm (bigger wrists), sport watches. They are all Swiss engines and quality cases/bands. Purchased correctly and for the money they're great watches.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Slicefixer; 11-28-2019, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Now that’s a MAD collection of watches. Which is your absolute favorite??

Post pics !

Comment

Now that’s a MAD collection of watches. Which is your absolute favorite??

Post pics !

Sent from my iPhone using
                    Tapatalk
                    Thank you....👍 I've still got quite a few, but, nothing like 20 years ago....Hehehe..... I've got a few pretty good ones at home....at camp now. I've sold off most of the expensive stuff....still have 2 or 3 Rolexes but very rarely where them. They're too small for my wrist. Rolexes, with the exception being the DS, are just too small. I'm not spending that kind of cash on a watch, especially a SS watch..hehehe.

Somewhere along the line, after I truly understood the actual components of a Rolex, Panerai, etc etc etc.etc., I simply lost interest in them. You're buying a status symbol more than a watch. Plus I got turned off to the social climbers who couldn't tell you anything about the watch other than "it's a Rolex." hehehe. When I first started collecting it wasn't so much like that. I was a Timezone, Watchnet etc junkie for a few years. LOTS of VERY knowledgeable people on there.....like here for hunting and a bunch of other things.

Anyway, I turned my attention to really good watches that virtually nobody had heard of.....boutique watches.... Deep Blue out of NY, Steinhart/Debaufre from Germany (best I remember), etc. Swiss movements that can be regulated well within COSC with quality cases, bracelets, etc. They're every bit as good, or better, than any Rolex that ever passed through my hands. You'll rarely see one on another's wrist and I get quite a few compliments here and there.

As for pics, I'm very sad to say, apparently I lost most of them as they were on my old Picasa acct. (as were a TON of deer videos and pics) I'm seriously bummed about that. I'll see what I can dig up and post a few if I find any.

My all time favorite is that zenith deluca pictured above. Same movement as early Daytonas, 42mm, etc. It's an incredible watch. I flipped it for a 2k profit as a guy had to have it. It's now worth twice what he paid for it....IF you can find one as they're fairly rare. What a mistake....hehehe
                    Last edited by Slicefixer; 12-01-2019, 11:24 AM.

Comment

No Watch ..... just a Medical Alert Bracelet. Has a 2 gigabyte memory card with all my doctors info, surgery info, medicines, do not resuscitate info, emergency contact info all on PDF file for first responders to read.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Batman! What are you asking for it?

Comment

Ive never felt the need to have a clock on my wrist.

Comment

First new watch in over ten years.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Shinola Runwell with Cognac Alligator strap

Name:	IMG_5345.jpg
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	24609618

Comment

Working...