Tractor help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tractor help!

I went out today to fix my Mother's road and move some dirt but the front end loader will not tilt after going about halfway down. It works fine...tilts up and down fine if I don't tilt it over halfway down. If I go over halfway it just drops the rest of the way and I have to set it on the ground and back up to get it back to halfway and it works again. It's a 2008 New Holland TT775 with a Woods front end loader, 400 hours, hydraulic oil is at level, filter is new. My Mom said the issue started on my Dad the last time He used it (January) before He passed but He didn't tell me so I don't know if anything else happened to it to help diagnose.

Guessing a seal or gland in the hydrolic ram?

Comment

Originally posted by jhunter77 View Post
      Guessing a seal or gland in the hydrolic ram?
      I was just viewing Youtube videos and I think you may be correct. Thank You!!

Comment

Bad seal is leaking back.

TBH discounts in hydraulic repair in tomball...[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep these boys ^ know what’s up

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Bad seal is leaking back.

TBH discounts in hydraulic repair in tomball...[emoji16]

This was the problem with ours, which was easily fixed as I recall.

Comment

Easy way to diagnose seals in cylinder being and is take one line off one side. Put hose in bucket. Bump valve to make sure your not actuating valve to hose side. Then hold lever down cylinder shouldn’t have much fluid come out of port. If a lot comes out then seals on rod piston are bypassing.
              Most likely that’s what it is as that’s the common problem.

Comment

Thank you all. I’m sure you all are correct. I will test it tomorrow evening to be sure. I wish I could get the discount in Tomball but I’ll use our local shop.

Comment

Might as well take them both. If one is weak the other is working OT and will fail next

Comment

15yo is about right in my experience for hydraulic cylinder seals to go bad. Once they go bad in one, expect the rest to go bad in the next year or so. Have rebuilt 5 or 6 and its surprisingly easy.

I will say, if they are bad I would expect to see a leak, with oil on the cylinder. If its that unresponsive, I would expect to see a LOT of oil.
                    Last edited by miket; 03-27-2023, 05:32 AM.

Comment

My hay bailer needs seal kits in cylinders as well. We will probably wait until the day we need it running to address the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                        My hay bailer needs seal kits in cylinders as well. We will probably wait until the day we need it running to address the problem

Lol! Glad I’m not the only one with this approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          Might as well take them both. If one is weak the other is working OT and will fail next

If its dropping like he says the both already gone! especially if bucket is not loaded. Might as well do lift cylinders to. For the price of oil nowdays best to just do it all at once and be done.

Comment

I took them both off this evening. The right side will be rebuilt, the left side is broken. the rod came out of the cylinder when I took it off so I'm ordering a new cylinder for that side.
                            I will take the lift cylinders off tomorrow and have them rebuilt also. Thank You for the help!!!

Comment

Did the rod break or come unscrewed ? We had one at work come unscrewed. We rebuilt it and kept running.

Comment

Working...
                              X