Domestic violence situations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Domestic violence situations

My wife was out with a group of friends last night to celebrate a lady’s birthday, dinner/drinks, karaoke. My wife’s best friend broke up with her boyfriend a couple months ago. Well he decided to get drunk, drive 25 miles and crash the party. He eventually left. But managed to track them down at the karaoke bar, where the bouncers do what they do best, and bounced his ***. On their way home they drove by the friends house and he was parked in the vacant lot next door, they agreed she should stay in our guest room for the night.

Friend left and went home to shower and I get a text from her around 11am stating he was in her house. MF went through the side gate, let himself in the back door and was waiting in her bedroom while she showered. She heard him and stayed in the locked bathroom, not that an interior door is much of a barrier.

I called her, she was calm and didn’t feel an immediate threat, but he refused to leave. I was already in my truck and turned and headed her direction and had her put me on speaker phone. I gave him 2 options; either he could leave or is call the sheriff and have him charged for criminal trespass. He made the right choice and watched him leave and followed him to his house, but I never engaged him beyond that.

As I type this she just texted that he broke in again. She finally called LEO and he’s being arrested at the moment and charged for criminal trespass.

These situations are dang volatile and spin out too dang fast.

We all know what he needs, but it’s doubtful that he will get it.

Comment

Wow, that’s a bad situation for sure.

I’m sure she’s taking all the legal measures to keep him away but I hope she has means with which to defend herself should it come to that. Hopefully it doesn’t go that route of course, but it could be better than the alternative while being defenseless.

Prayers and good wishes out to her.

Comment

First, get a no contact/restraining order. Second go to the law and file stalking charges. These situations go bad fast.

Comment

these type things is when friends step up to help friends,,,,,it is time to temporarily find safe shelter

Comment

She needs to shoot that sucker right in the ***. That's just ridiculous. He's a slow learner sounds like.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
              Wow, that’s a bad situation for sure.

I’m sure she’s taking all the legal measures to keep him away but I hope she has means with which to defend herself should it come to that. Hopefully it doesn’t go that route of course, but it could be better than the alternative while being defenseless.

Prayers and good wishes out to her.
              She has a 357 sig, but I don’t feel that she is all the proficient with it, and she only has the ammo in the mag and 1 in the chamber. I was at academy and was going to buy a couple of boxes of ammo and offer to take her out for some shooting lessons. But ammo in less common rounds is still hard to come by in our Lubbock locations.

I offered to provide a statement since I witnessed him initially refusing to leave and physically being in her house. But she said it was only necessary if she chose to press charges. So I don’t know that she’s pursuing all options available provided by the law

Comment

She needs to contact the DA and explain she is in fear for her life and any and all past physical violence- See if she can get an Emergency Protective Order or have her ask for one. I tell her to also contact the County’s Victim Service or whatever they are called there. They will help her though the process- This is all protections for her in the future as well as a 20 gauge youth shotgun with #4 buckshot

And she needs to cooperate fully with the County Attorney as far a pursuing charges.

Comment

Get her a pistol and have her shoot him in the face if he breaks in again.

The escalation on theses things is scary fast.

She needs to end his breakin streak the very next visit.

Restraining orders and CTs are not worth the paper they are written on after he decides to escalate.

Thats scary stuff.

Comment

Hope she can get out of that bad situation before it's too late. He needs to be locked up for a while.

Comment

This dude is dangerous. Some think that if I can’t have her nobody can. Definitely get restraining order on him, change the locks and carry pepper spray along with getting familiar with that pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        She has a 357 sig, but I don’t feel that she is all the proficient with it, and she only has the ammo in the mag and 1 in the chamber. I was at academy and was going to buy a couple of boxes of ammo and offer to take her out for some shooting lessons. But ammo in less common rounds is still hard to come by in our Lubbock locations.

I offered to provide a statement since I witnessed him initially refusing to leave and physically being in her house. But she said it was only necessary if she chose to press charges. So I don’t know that she’s pursuing all options available provided by the law
                        I really hope she reconsiders and does press charges.

By your initial post, he tracked them down several miles away, left, and then found them at a different club. After that he was hanging around her house, and then broke into it once he knew she was there.

I don’t normally get into things like this, but she really is in danger and needs to do everything she can to get herself out of being in that position. This looks and sounds to be pretty serious and she should be taking all approaches to protect herself because it sounds like this guy is unhinged to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                          I really hope she reconsiders and does press charges.

By your initial post, he tracked them down several miles away, left, and then found them at a different club. After that he was hanging around her house, and then broke into it once he knew she was there.

I don’t normally get into things like this, but she really is in danger and needs to do everything she can to get herself out of being in that position. This looks and sounds to be pretty serious and she should be taking all approaches to protect herself because it sounds like this guy is unhinged to say the least.
                          Agree. She is definitely in danger and should not let her guard down for one second.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                            My wife was out with a group of friends last night to celebrate a lady’s birthday, dinner/drinks, karaoke. My wife’s best friend broke up with her boyfriend a couple months ago. Well he decided to get drunk, drive 25 miles and crash the party. He eventually left. But managed to track them down at the karaoke bar, where the bouncers do what they do best, and bounced his ***. On their way home they drove by the friends house and he was parked in the vacant lot next door, they agreed she should stay in our guest room for the night.

Friend left and went home to shower and I get a text from her around 11am stating he was in her house. MF went through the side gate, let himself in the back door and was waiting in her bedroom while she showered. She heard him and stayed in the locked bathroom, not that an interior door is much of a barrier.

I called her, she was calm and didn’t feel an immediate threat, but he refused to leave. I was already in my truck and turned and headed her direction and had her put me on speaker phone. I gave him 2 options; either he could leave or is call the sheriff and have him charged for criminal trespass. He made the right choice and watched him leave and followed him to his house, but I never engaged him beyond that.

As I type this she just texted that he broke in again. She finally called LEO and he’s being arrested at the moment and charged for criminal trespass.

These situations are dang volatile and spin out too dang fast.
                            She keeps her doors unlocked? He just breaks in and she doesn't call cops? I don't understand this at all. He obviously needs help and sounds like she may also?

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                              She needs to shoot that sucker right in the ***. That's just ridiculous. He's a slow learner sounds like.
                              this^^^^^^^^^

My sister was in an abusive relationship and was killed just before Christmas. Those things go bad fast with no recourse.

Comment

Working...
                              X