No announcement yet.

Tired of being fat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josh age is on your side so I know that you will have victory over the weight gain. I’m 5’11 as well and I always maintained my weight around 185……..and then I turned 40 and things changed. In the winter I would get up around 200 but it came right back off in the summer. But after 40 it took some work. Not eating after 6:00 pm helped me a lot. These days it’s impossible to eat right because of my business and schedule. I even put Kamala Harris’s picture on my refrigerator to scare me away but even that doesn’t work. You’ll be in my prayers my friend.

Comment

Josh, I went in for my semi-annual check up back in November of ‘22. I weighed 265!!! I felt like crap, and my A1C was way too high. Doc told me if I didn’t do something about my weight, I’d be on medications for Type II diabetes soon. My mom was a Type II diabetic and I didn’t want any part of that!!
      Both my wife and I decided to make some life style changes. We stopped eating grains or grain products, starches, most all carbs except some complex carbs. We started eating like we were diabetics. She lost over 30# and I’m down to 205 -60#!!!
      We eat a lot of meat, leafy vegetables and cauliflower. We are enjoying it!! The keto food is good food!! I drink almond milk, and she bakes with almond flour. We love cauliflower rice and “mashed potatoes”!!
      And yes, we still save our “cheat” days for our LeBlanc’s fix!!
      We are both active daily but do not have a regimented workout program.
      This eating style works for us.
      We even still stop at Splendora Cafe’ but have the grilled catfish instead of fried. Terry’s grilled catfish is great too!
      You can do this brother!!

Comment

Get on a bike. No impact. Easy on the joints. Can work up to 100 mile rides. You will drop weight. And eat well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
          Josh age is on your side so I know that you will have victory over the weight gain. I’m 5’11 as well and I always maintained my weight around 185……..and then I turned 40 and things changed. In the winter I would get up around 200 but it came right back off in the summer. But after 40 it took some work. Not eating after 6:00 pm helped me a lot. These days it’s impossible to eat right because of my business and schedule. I even put Kamala Harris’s picture on my refrigerator to scare me away but even that doesn’t work. You’ll be in my prayers my friend.
          Things have definitely changed in my 40's!

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Josh, I went in for my semi-annual check up back in November of ‘22. I weighed 265!!! I felt like crap, and my A1C was way too high. Doc told me if I didn’t do something about my weight, I’d be on medications for Type II diabetes soon. My mom was a Type II diabetic and I didn’t want any part of that!!
          Both my wife and I decided to make some life style changes. We stopped eating grains or grain products, starches, most all carbs except some complex carbs. We started eating like we were diabetics. She lost over 30# and I’m down to 205 -60#!!!
          We eat a lot of meat, leafy vegetables and cauliflower. We are enjoying it!! The keto food is good food!! I drink almond milk, and she bakes with almond flour. We love cauliflower rice and “mashed potatoes”!!
          And yes, we still save our “cheat” days for our LeBlanc’s fix!!
          We are both active daily but do not have a regimented workout program.
          This eating style works for us.
          We even still stop at Splendora Cafe’ but have the grilled catfish instead of fried. Terry’s grilled catfish is great too!
          You can do this brother!!
          Great job Charlie! I've just had a hard time finding motivation. After the doctor just put me on 3 meds to control blood pressure, it was the final straw. I have to get my health under control as it's not going to get any easier.

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
          Get on a bike. No impact. Easy on the joints. Can work up to 100 mile rides. You will drop weight. And eat well.
          A bike is great cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
            Don't eat as much
            This is all it takes....... loosing weight it 90% diet 10% exercise

Comment

Have you tried snuff? Lol It’ll trick your mind into thinking you’re eating, but obviously you’re not.

I’m half joking FWIW.

Comment

Look up calorie content of food items and weigh your portions.
                Get under 2500/day. Ish

Comment

You don’t even have to work out, just quit stuffing yourself. Working out and still stuffing not going to help ya.

Comment

My buddy said diabetes runs in his family. I said probably because no one runs in your family!
                    10k units of vitamin D and K2 every day is what I started taking and I’ve never felt better

Comment

My goal was to lose 20 lbs this year. Only 56 lbs to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        My goal was to lose 20 lbs this year. Only 56 lbs to go.

Comment

Cut the carbs, no sweet drinks, no bread, cookies or cereal etc. You will be amazed how fast you will loose fat.

Comment

Pineywoods, I'm in my mid-40s myself. 364 days ago I weighed in at 210 (5'9" male). This morning, I clocked in at 159 - less than my senior year of HS.

Things I did NOT do:
                            Count calories
                            Cardio
                            Zero carbs
                            Paleo
                            Vegetarian (F no)
                            Stop booze
                            Stop diet soda
                            Intentionally fast

What worked for me:
                            Eat when you're hungry.
                            Up the protein, especially lean protein like venison and chicken. Shoot for 1 gram of protein per lb. of body weight. If you fall a little short that's ok.
                            Low carb tortillas with deer chili or chicken are an absolute staple. Definite cheat code.
                            Dairy sources of protein like Greek yogurt and cottage cheese are awesome.
                            Two eggs every am, over easy, with a split English muffin.
                            Plenty of fiber - broccoli, caulifower (both microwavable), canned green beans, etc.
                            Meal prep every Sunday with an emphasis on lean meats and veggies.
                            Healthy fats here and there - think 100 calorie packs of Almonds and a small amount of peanut butter. The occasional avocado, too.
                            Try to fit in a simple resistance training workout - 3 per week at about 30 minutes a day. A simple dumbbell set did it for me.

Good luck, dude!

Keep us posted.
                            Last edited by Lincoln Hawk; 03-16-2023, 06:27 PM. Reason: Low carb tortillas, no fasting.

Comment

Burpees, navy seal, air squats

Sets of ten as many as you can do for 20 minutes a day.

Leave those weights alone…they only hurt us old men lol

Comment

Originally posted by public View Post
                                This is all it takes....... loosing weight it 90% diet 10% exercise
                                Good health is way closer to 50/50

Comment

Working...
                                X