No announcement yet.

Ranch Cabin Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a spot to hang out! Well played sir!

Roofing actually goes quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        What a spot to hang out! Well played sir!

Roofing actually goes quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Very quick.......... I might have missed this in previous posts, but are you planning on skinning the walls with sheet tin also?

I have enjoyed keeping up with all the welding rods you have burned.........ha

Rwc

Comment

Comment

😊

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                Very quick.......... I might have missed this in previous posts, but are you planning on skinning the walls with sheet tin also?

I have enjoyed keeping up with all the welding rods you have burned.........ha

Rwc
                Actually I plan to skin the exterior with plywood then Tyveck covered with Cedar tongue and groove siding.

I got a deal on both the plywood and siding. On the plywood I bought a bundle from Lowes, regular price for all the sheets was around $1200.00 I offered them $100 to take it off of their hands, the counter offered at $140.00. (Pic1)
                The siding I got from a lumber company that was going out of business. they had two large bundles (8 footers and 16 footers) I offered them $400.00 for it all. They agreed. After I bought it I counted the pieces and calculated what it would have cost me buying new. I was shocked to find out it was over $14,000.00 worth. Man I was lucky to find that deal. (pic 2)

On the inside I am going to do the same but I will have a rusty tin wainscoting from the floor up to chair rail height. Cedar siding from there up to the ceiling. and new corrugated shiny tin on the ceiling. I bought the rusty tin for $100.00 from an old farm house that was sold to a developer. I think I got about 30 8 foot panels.

This is the reason I will be able to have this cabin built on such a small budget. We find deals and build based on what we have on hand.

Another example is the shower house silo; I got that totally free along with another larger Silo that we will make into a storage building. I had no idea what I was going to do with them, but took them out there and as we were building got the idea to add it on the deck and make an shower house/bathroom, which gives us more livable space in the cabin. It is now absolutely the focal point of the build, it will totally make the cabin feel rustic which was what I wanted.

Overall I want the look of an OLD cabin. not a steel building, But I wanted it to last longer than a stick built or prefab shed cabin. I hope I am doing things right to accomplish that.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wlee15 View Post
                  Actually I plan to skin the exterior with plywood then Tyveck covered with Cedar tongue and groove siding.

I got a deal on both the plywood and siding. On the plywood I bought a bundle from Lowes, regular price for all the sheets was around $1200.00 I offered them $100 to take it off of their hands, the counter offered at $140.00. (Pic1)
                  The siding I got from a lumber company that was going out of business. they had two large bundles (8 footers and 16 footers) I offered them $400.00 for it all. They agreed. After I bought it I counted the pieces and calculated what it would have cost me buying new. I was shocked to find out it was over $14,000.00 worth. Man I was lucky to find that deal. (pic 2)

On the inside I am going to do the same but I will have a rusty tin wainscoting from the floor up to chair rail height. Cedar siding from there up to the ceiling. and new corrugated shiny tin on the ceiling. I bought the rusty tin for $100.00 from an old farm house that was sold to a developer. I think I got about 30 8 foot panels.

This is the reason I will be able to have this cabin built on such a small budget. We find deals and build based on what we have on hand.

Another example is the shower house silo; I got that totally free along with another larger Silo that we will make into a storage building. I had no idea what I was going to do with them, but took them out there and as we were building got the idea to add it on the deck and make an shower house/bathroom, which gives us more livable space in the cabin. It is now absolutely the focal point of the build, it will totally make the cabin feel rustic which was what I wanted.

Overall I want the look of an OLD cabin. not a steel building, But I wanted it to last longer than a stick built or prefab shed cabin. I hope I am doing things right to accomplish that.

Dang! You sure did hit a lick on that material.

Comment

Looks solid!

Comment

I'm taking you shopping with me!

Comment

You've done a great job and I can't wait to see it finished!

Comment

Thats awesome

Comment

Man, you sure are doing things right.

Comment

Great deals!! Awesome build so far

Comment

I am so into this build. I can't believe that you found such a great deal on the cedar siding

Comment

Working...
                                X