Houston Texans 2023 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
    Hooker is who I would target, get Anderson at 2, WR at 12 and Hooker at 33 or trade down some, they need so much help they have to take some chances. Of course, my phone hasn’t rang yet!
    I actually agree with you. I think Hooker is the QB sleeper of this draft and will be healthy by training camp coming off the ACL. He has as high of a completion percentage as Stroud and only threw 2 picks last year I believe. Will Anderson at 2 and a legit receiving threat at 12, with Hooker at 33 or a trade down to take him later in round 2 would be great in my opinion but most won't agree.

Comment

Excited about this season and upcoming draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Former Houston Texans quarterback Sage Rosenfels told a story about the time David Carr saw Cal McNair playing video games in his office.

This isn't fake news.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
          No surprise there. I have always said the Texans will never see a championship until they are sold to a good owner.

Comment

Ahhh, the good ole Texans thread! There will continue to be much heart break but Merch sales will be though the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              No surprise there. I have always said the Texans will never see a championship until they are sold to a good owner.
              That’s not going to happen, they make way too much money as it is, winning is only a concern to the fans. I’d trade Cal and crew for Jerry and crew any day, the Cowboy fans are blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                Not sure why you are hating on Stroud ...
                I have to take back what I said about my first impression of CJ's personality. I've watched some recent interviews with him and he does seem like a humble respectful young man. It just goes to show that first impressions can be wrong.

Comment

they had an interview of Cal McNair on sports talk 610 and oh my it was bad he sounds like a complete idiot. they had his wife there to jump in and answer questions for him when he got stuck. then the radio guys all day said wow what a great interview and how much better they felt about the direction of the team.
                  I was thinking what interview did they listen to?

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                    I have to take back what I said about my first impression of CJ's personality. I've watched some recent interviews with him and he does seem like a humble respectful young man. It just goes to show that first impressions can be wrong.
                    Good to hear….

It’s a lock .. Carolina is taking him #1

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                      they had an interview of Cal McNair on sports talk 610 and oh my it was bad he sounds like a complete idiot. they had his wife there to jump in and answer questions for him when he got stuck. then the radio guys all day said wow what a great interview and how much better they felt about the direction of the team.
                      Anytime I hear the McNair's on the radio I am always perplexed by how much the wife has to step in to answer or save Cal's bacon.

Comment

I am hopeful for a decent season for a change. It is hard for me to get too excited with the ownership of this team.

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                          They won't bash the Texans or the owner since they carry the games. One thing about sports talk shows in Philly, Boston, New York, etc they will bash anyone and everyone when they deserve it. Houston sports radio stations are the least entertaining I have ever tried to listen to.

Mad Dog Sports on XM is what I normally listen to.

Comment

So, what's the opinions on what the Texans do at #2? Seems to be a lot of talk that internally they are leaning toward Will Anderson Jr. or being open to trading out of that spot if Bryce Young is gone at one. Who knows what's true leading up to the draft since it's lying season but it appears they aren't crazy about Stroud at #2.

The idea of moving back to stockpile even more draft capital is an attractive scenario. Among the trade-up candidates: the Las Vegas Raiders at No. 7 overall.

Comment

Trade out and grab some players that should or will have an immediate impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                                Trade out and grab some players that should or will have an immediate impact.
                                I'm thinking more and more that they won't stay at #2. Here is pretty interesting scenario that Peter King thinks will play out with Houston...

NBC NFL super insider and social pontificator Peter King has deep connections across the league and was sharing acquired draft intel on his podcast yesterday. Consider that King spent a draft night with Buccaneers general manager Jason Licht in 2020. […]

Comment

Working...
                                X