Spray in Bedliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spray in Bedliner

Has anyone used the DIY kits? Thoughts? Would you use it again?

Did my whole vehicle in raptor liner. Its held up great for 2 years so far.

The key is prep. That and making sure you have a compressor that can handle it. I tried it the first go round with a little pancake compressor I had in my garage and wound up burning it up.

Anything that can handle 15 CFM should be able to work but consistent pressure is key. I rented a compressor from Home Depot for $50 and was done in prolly 20 minutes.

Why I went with Raptor Liner is that it has UV blockers so it doesn't chalk over time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post

The key is prep. That and making sure you have a compressor that can handle it. I tried it the first go round with a little pancake compressor I had in my garage and wound up burning it up.

Anything that can handle 15 CFM should be able to work but consistent pressure is key. I rented a compressor from Home Depot for $50 and was done in prolly 20 minutes.

Why I went with Raptor Liner is that it has UV blockers so it doesn't chalk over time.
      Good info. Thank you

Comment

WHHHHHYYYYY do i read these post??? I see a 4 bottle option on Amazon. Is that enough for the truck bed?

Comment

I used Raptor Liner, but I used the spray cans, since I was just doing a front bumper. I agree with above in that the UV blockers was a reason I picked that product. That I wanted the particular finish I got from the spray cans.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=841009

Comment

I have used the raptor liner on a trailer and some racks for a golf cart. Would use it again.

Comment

Raptor it is.

Comment

I used that roll on in a gallon container. Make sure you tape off your bed well and the paint roller should be disposable. Mine went on great. It looks amazing.

Before

After
                (the photo was after it rained and there were shadows are distracting)

Comment

tag

Comment

Anyone ever used flex seal gallon for roll on

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                      Anyone ever used flex seal gallon for roll on
                      We used it for a rusty portable building roof on our cook shack and it has held up well. Had a few leaks and after the application has been leak free for a couple years now.

I don't think it would be durable enough for a truck bed or bumper application.

Comment

do you mind posting some pics and what your process was to prep? i have a jeep that needs to be redone

Comment

I did the 8' bed of my 01 RAM with Herculiner in cans about 7 years ago and it's held up fine, no peeling, but I've had a cap on top for almost 5 of those years. The key is surface prep- cleaning and roughing up the surface. I used paint rollers. It stunk from the volatile chemicals, I could not imagine doing it on a really hot day. I had a big fan blowing air towards the bed to move the fumes away from where I was working.

Comment

Working...
                          X