Laguna Atascosa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kolpin10 View Post
    So you say you understood the hunt requirments and that the hides, heads, snd legs were required to be brought in, you just chose not to follow the regulations because you did not want to walk back and skin them out. If you do not want to follow the regulations then dont put in for the hunts. They stated the regs in orentation, in writing, and in a text to the hunters and every other hunter that i saw was succesful and brought out what was required.

You know guys like you is what give hunters a bad name, good for the grip it and grin picture and to write about your "kills" on the internet but when the work comes you bail.

I hope one of the guys that is on the comming hunts show your post to the LEO's down there and one of the fed boys comes and pays you a visit.
    dude... you are way off base. I was there in November. They said to bring back as much of the hide as you could...knowing if you were deep in the brush...hide was not your main concern. It is folks like YOU that I don't want in the woods with me.

Comment

Rules and regs. Who needs them? Why don't we all start using bait out there? Why don't we go ahead and start shooting on the day we scout? If we get to pick and choose what rules we follow them i say we don't tag anything afterwards and then pack out only the backstrap because the rest is to heavy and it's to far to pack out.

Comment

Originally posted by That_Guy View Post
        Rules and regs. Who needs them? Why don't we all start using bait out there? Why don't we go ahead and start shooting on the day we scout? If we get to pick and choose what rules we follow them i say we don't tag anything afterwards and then pack out only the backstrap because the rest is to heavy and it's to far to pack out.
        Another wet blanket in this thread I see, do yourself a favor, call Laguna and verify what we're all telling you. They do not require you to take the entire hide out they encourage you to take as much as you can bring. No one mentioned anything about leaving meat behind. This is not a matter of picking and choosing rules this is a matter of you and koplin not understanding the difference between a rule and regulation vs being encouraged to do something for the betterment of science and stopping an invasive species.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe we should start another Laguna thread and let these guys battle it out here.

Comment

I bet they follow you. There is always gonna be one..................maybe two

Comment

That would be a shame this is been a great thread no more arguing for me I've made my point.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

So.... anyone hunted yesterday or this morning that want to update us, did the rain affect it any this morning??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shot a spike yesterday evening

Really slow. This was the board at 7 this evening
                  Attached Files

Comment

hide

Originally posted by Kolpin10 View Post
                    So you say you understood the hunt requirments and that the hides, heads, snd legs were required to be brought in, you just chose not to follow the regulations because you did not want to walk back and skin them out. If you do not want to follow the regulations then dont put in for the hunts. They stated the regs in orentation, in writing, and in a text to the hunters and every other hunter that i saw was succesful and brought out what was required.

You know guys like you is what give hunters a bad name, good for the grip it and grin picture and to write about your "kills" on the internet but when the work comes you bail.

I hope one of the guys that is on the comming hunts show your post to the LEO's down there and one of the fed boys comes and pays you a visit.
                    admittedly i don't know you but that seems a little harsh.

going out on a limb and guessing the Perez boys boys have hauled way more nilgai out of that place than you and know that reality sometimes don't match government regs or whats said in orientation. they are good guys, they get it done and are welcome at my camp any time. Congrats again David.

Comment

Originally posted by hogdaddy View Post
                      admittedly i don't know you but that seems a little harsh.

going out on a limb and guessing the Perez boys boys have hauled way more nilgai out of that place than you and know that reality sometimes don't match government regs or whats said in orientation. they are good guys, they get it done and are welcome at my camp any time. Congrats again David.

Thanks HD! Same goes for you brotha!!

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                        Shot a spike yesterday evening

Really slow. This was the board at 7 this evening

How was your Sunday hunt, the weather was allot cooler, did you see more movement?

Comment

good luck!

Comment

I added 2 more does to the board and a kid shot a buck yesterday evening. Was pretty slow weekend.

Comment

Here are a few photos from my trip. A couple bucks I passed, a nilgai running away, and some scenery. You can always tell a slow hunting trip when there's lots of scenery pics

Comment

Great pics Moose!

Comment

Working...
                                X