X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LRGV-Tentiente

Any reports from the bow hunters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cow nilgai tagged yesterday but not recovered. Only report I got.

Comment

Has anyone hunted here this year?

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post

I was on the 12/13-12/16 hunt with another TBHer (only hunted Thur and Friday)and we didn’t kill anything. I saw a few W.T. does I could have taken, a bull at 80 yards and stalked to within 50 yards of a cow. Spoke to 4-5 other hunters and nothing taken as of Friday pm by any of them. The federal fish and game guys showed up Friday and wrote several tickets to me and a few others. I got one for no signed permit(lost it somewhere during the hunt) and baiting. I had a sealed bag of corn in the bed of my truck because I was heading to my lease the next day. They also threatened a third ticket for alcohol on refuge property-forgot I had 3 hot beers in an empty(no ice) ice chest I brought in case I got something. The guy was a jerk and walked into my setup at 5:20 pm looking for me. If the corn was open I would understand but it wasn’t and all the rules state no bait on refuge property or parking areas so I intentionally parked on county roads to avoid this. Follow all rules 100%-they don’t use common sense..
        Last edited by TX CHICKEN; 12-28-2018, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post

Yep, I did. and I know of several other TBH'rs that did too.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
            I was on the 12/13-12/16 hunt with another TBHer (only hunted Thur and Friday)and we didn’t kill anything. I saw a few W.T. does I could have taken, a bull at 80 yards and stalked to within 50 yards of a cow. Spoke to 4-5 other hunters and nothing taken as of Friday pm by any of them. The federal fish and game guys showed up Friday and wrote several tickets to me and a few others. I got one for no signed permit(lost it somewhere during the hunt) and baiting. I had a sealed bag of corn in the bed of my truck because I was heading to my lease the next day. They also threatened a third ticket for alcohol on refuge property-forgot I had 3 hot beers in an empty(no ice) ice chest I brought in case I got something. The guy was a jerk and walked into my setup at 5:20 pm looking for me. If the corn was open I would understand but it wasn’t and all the rules state no bait on refuge property or parking areas so I intentionally parked on county roads to avoid this. Follow all rules 100%-they don’t use common sense..
            How are they not using common sense?!?!?! When the rules are being broken, then someone has to pay for it right?

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
              How are they not using common sense?!?!?! When the rules are being broken, then someone has to pay for it right?
              Don’t want to sidetrack this post but the rules are written for Teniente and specifically say “We prohibit the possession, use or hunting over bait on the Refuge. Bait is anything that can be ingested.” I parked on the county road (not on the refuge)just to avoid this. So if I had an apple or some peanuts in my truck that could be ingested would this warrant a ticket? They searched my truck, backpack and hunting area and didn’t find a single kernel of corn. I am fine paying the $230 ticket for misplacing my signed permit.

My reason for posting my experience was meant to warn people to follow every rule and if in doubt don’t do it-they seem to be looking to make $$. The US f&g guys are known to be jerks (from what my duck hunting buddies say) and I am now 1 for 1 on that experience.
              Last edited by TX CHICKEN; 12-28-2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Don’t want to sidetrack this post but the rules are written for Teniente and specifically say “We prohibit the possession, use or hunting over bait on the Refuge. Bait is anything that can be ingested.” I parked on the county road (not on the refuge)just to avoid this. So if I had an apple or some peanuts in my truck that could be ingested would this warrant a ticket? They searched my truck, backpack and hunting area and didn’t find a single kernel of corn. I am fine paying the $230 ticket for misplacing my signed permit.

My reason for posting my experience was meant to warn people to follow every rule and if in doubt don’t do it-they seem to be looking to make $$. The US f&g guys are known to be jerks (from what my duck hunting buddies say) and I am now 1 for 1 on that experience.
                i get what your saying and I don’t mean to comeoff otherwise with my previous post. When I hunted there, they checked me up and down, left and then right. They can and will be arseholes when given the chance. Was a younger female with a mid 30s male that checked yo?

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                  i get what your saying and I don’t mean to comeoff otherwise with my previous post. When I hunted there, they checked me up and down, left and then right. They can and will be arseholes when given the chance. Was a younger female with a mid 30s male that checked yo?

Ok thanks. It was 2 guys-they played good cop/bad cop bs. I was totally respectful until the 2nd ticket for baiting and then I did argue a little.

Comment

Well, from what you are writing, that certainly sucks. I hunted there last year and did not see any officers. I also do some bird watching up there without seeing anyone.

Comment

I was the other hunter with tx chicken and we both struck out but another tbh'r that was there had success on the last day with a nilgai.

Comment

Thanks. Guess the wardens have to be strict down there with an open access area like that. Too many people trying to sneak in without permits I bet

Comment

$230 isn’t too bad for breaking 3 rules. Lol

Comment

LRGV-Tentiente

Last edited by TX CHICKEN; 12-30-2018, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Anyone else hunting tiniente this weekend?
                              Any update, or recommendations?

Comment

Working...
                              X