No announcement yet.

2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in on this one,talked myself out of the last build.Tier 2 in a 280AI for me please.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
      Still in for tier 1. What caliber choices? I need an elk rifle. Might be time to start selling toys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Tier1 - pretty much anything that will fit on a standard magnum, standard long action or standard short action. No small bolt face stuff like 223.

Tier 2 - Any standard mag or any standard short. No small bolt face on this one either.

PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND - If your choice of chamberings requires an extended mag box to work, this might not be the best deal for you. I explained it in an earlier post, but it should probably be said again:

These actions are controlled round feed with mechanical ejectors. Dead nuts reliable feeding and ejection. BUT... the trade off is ejector location at the back of the mag well complicates modification for an extended mag box. It CAN be done, but the more you trim the ejector to make room for the extended box, the more ejection force you will lose. I did the modification on a short mag to test and by the time I got everything fit, the only way to reliably eject rounds was to run the bolt briskly. Empties JUST cleared at that. Just something to be aware of when choosing a cartridge for these builds.

Comment

Tier 2 (G2 action)would also be a good candidate for the BR based cartridges(BR, BRA,BRX,Dasher,etc) if you opted for DBM set up

Comment

Very interested since I passed on the last group deal. Tier one for me most likely

Comment

What's the best hunting caliber for medium size game in a 20" barrel? I know 7-08 and 308 are good choices, any others. I reload so not worried about factory ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
              What are the odds of the full carbon build winning at this point? Lol.

Seems like there are two distinct camps forming, with a heavy preference for the light weight. So here's an idea that would provide two price-point options and still give the guys that wanted a little heavier version some love too.

Tier 1 - The light option. APR Hunter(lighter) action, vertical grip carbon fiber stock, Carbon Barrel, bdl bottom metal. Basically a 6 lbish lean, mean hunting machine.

Tier 2 - The heavier option. APR G2 action(heavier), same vertical grip carbon fiber stock, Sendero contour cut-rifled barrel (fluted or not), Bdl bottom metal. This version could swap to a detachable mag for an additional fee. Should end up mid 7 lb range hitting 9ish with glass and be a couple hundred less than the all carbon.

Thoughts?
              Yes please

Comment

6.5 PRC in a lightweight hunter.
                Last edited by HOOKNBULLET2; 12-13-2018, 08:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I'm going light-ish.

I was actually about to order my son a Browning Hells Canyon SPEED in 7mm08. If that caliber would be an option for this build, I will hold off on placing the order for the Browning and will wait on this one. I'd be happy in the 6.5lb range before glass.
                  Last edited by BJ DUPLECHAIN; 12-13-2018, 08:36 PM.

Comment

You are not going to have much luck with research on this particular carbon barrel, as this will be the first place it is offered. We are still doing the final testing now. Here is an 8-shot group with factory ammo fired with a suppressor. There are still a few bugs to work out, but it will be there before these builds materialize. We'll have a contingency plan if we are not satisfied completely with them before we move forward.
                    What caliber was this?

Comment

Originally posted by bj duplechain View Post
                      what caliber was this?
                      6.5 cm

Comment

6.5 cm
                        Of course 🙄😂

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                          I'm thinking Tier I, 7mm-08 with a 21" barrel, and some lightweight glass on top would be the bomb.
                          This with a Swaro Z3 or Z5.......I’m drooling

Comment

Another Tier 1 vote here.

Comment

Sorry to butt in & if I skipped over the answer, but curious as to why the small bolt face is a no go option??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                Sorry to butt in & if I skipped over the answer, but curious as to why the small bolt face is a no go option??
                                Does not exist yet. It's coming, but pretty far down the priority list at present. Short mags and left handed versions are getting all of the attention right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X