2018 LBJ Grasslands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jsmith_FO View Post
    I went out for a little bit and placed some cameras. Started to rain pretty good around 1PM. Lots of good sign.

That’s basically a free run... washes the scent right out of the area!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I stopped posting pics of deer from LBJ a long time ago. I learned my lesson. have 4 cams out there this year. Been watching a very nice deer out there for the past 2 years, hoping he'd make. He did, and put on a very decent amount of growth.

Gonna be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
        I stopped posting pics of deer from LBJ a long time ago. I learned my lesson. have 4 cams out there this year. Been watching a very nice deer out there for the past 2 years, hoping he'd make. He did, and put on a very decent amount of growth.

Gonna be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Ya, I can’t post pics of bucks from LBJ because there aren’t any out there... ;-)

Comment

Was out scouting yesterday. Some of the areas were blocked and the boundary signs removed. Wasn't sure if some areas had been removed or access had changed. We didnt scout those areas. It sure messed up our backup plans.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
            Was out scouting yesterday. Some of the areas were blocked and the boundary signs removed. Wasn't sure if some areas had been removed or access had changed. We didnt scout those areas. It sure messed up our backup plans.

What units?
            I know they are prepping several units for fall burns.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
              What units?
              I know they are prepping several units for fall burns.

E
              Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                I agree with the other guys. If you stumble upon a spot someone else is hunting, walk by or back out to another area. Having plan B, C, D etc. is always a good idea. Nobody should give you crap for it either; it happens.
                Shooter buck number two in the area I intend to hunt. #1 was spotted on the hoof, not trail cam pictures yet. I find it odd that buck #1 was in full velvet 2 weeks ago and this guy doesn't even have velvet tatters on his antlers. Anyway...
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
                  Shooter buck number two in the area I intend to hunt. #1 was spotted on the hoof, not trail cam pictures yet. I find it odd that buck #1 was in full velvet 2 weeks ago and this guy doesn't even have velvet tatters on his antlers. Anyway...
                  Nice buck!

Comment

Burned area will be a deer magnet once the tender greenery starts coming up due to all the rain. Hunting the edges might pay off if accessible.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      Burned area will be a deer magnet once the tender greenery starts coming up due to all the rain. Hunting the edges might pay off if accessible.

Anyone have a list of the areas that are being burned?

Comment

Just got back from scouting. Jumped a sounder of pigs. Saw a different group an hour later. Rooting and hog rubs everywhere. First time in all these years I’ve been going that I’ve seen pigs. Saw quite a few deer. Found two nice sheds: a 6 and 12 point (if the other sides match).

The burned areas looked, well, burnt.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmith_FO View Post
                            Anyone have a list of the areas that are being burned?

I called a week or two ago and asked, but I left the paper with all the units in the hotel room when I left....

Comment

Just got back from scouting. Jumped a sounder of pigs. Saw a different group an hour later. Rooting and hog rubs everywhere. First time in all these years I’ve been going that I’ve seen pigs. Saw quite a few deer. Found two nice sheds: a 6 and 12 point (if the other sides match).

The burned areas looked, well, burnt.

PM sent

Comment

wish I could see these pics...juts an x inside a box. Sometimes pics are fine most of the time of late they're not. grrr

Comment

Working...
                                X