The Woodlands - new job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Woodlands - new job

Starting a new job in The Woodlands this summer. Beginning to explore the idea of moving up around that area (currently in Sugar Land area). What’s the skinny on the different areas up there? Woodlands, Magnolia, Tomball, Conroe, etc…. Have two kids >> 3 and 5 years old so schools are always a big part of the conversation. Thanks in advance, I’m pretty ignorant to that part of the world.

Pretty much the same down there...congested as heck except we have more trees.lpl

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Woodlands and Conroe are both Conroe ISD.

Woodlands, magnolia, Tomball and Conroe up to Willis is getting way over crowded.

If I had to live on the 45 Corridor and work in the woodlands I would live in New Waverly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Which part of the woodlands? Near the freeway? Or in the back?

Comment

Good schools in tomball and the woodlands some I wouldn’t want my kids attending in Conroe, spring, or Klein. We’re at Creekview elementary which is pretty close to the border of tomball and woodlands and very happy with it. I’m not a fan of living in a typical neighborhood and prefer areas with a couple acres that’s where we are in tomball. Having kids we’ve considered moving into a traditional neighborhood where we can ride bikes to stores, food, movies etc. everything’s connected by walking patch’s in the woodlands which is very nice. We take a 5-10 minute drive with bikes in the truck and spend thee day hitting different parks, movies etc. it’s a great area for kids stuff
          Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 03-30-2023, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Traffic sucks in all those places and it's only getting worse. More subdivisions popping up daily.

I work in Conroe and we decided to live in Kingwood. Excellent schools for my kids and there are alot of greenbelts and outdoor places to explore. Kingwood to the Woodlands isn't too bad of a commute, 99 and 242 are just about complete now.

Comment

There's a new subdivision going in on 99............halfway between I-45 and I-59.

It's The Highlands.........really nice 18 hole golf course, hiking trails, biking trails, lakes for kayaking and fishing...........lots of wooded areas around it. Easy access to freeways. Homes priced for all budgets. It is in Porter ISD..........

I close on my house next month........in the 55 and better section.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                Which part of the woodlands? Near the freeway? Or in the back?
                Off of Research Forest Dr. above 1 mile west of 45.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                  Good schools in tomball and the woodlands some I wouldn’t want my kids attending in Conroe, spring, or Klein. We’re at Creekview elementary which is pretty close to the border of tomball and woodlands and very happy with it. I’m not a fan of living in a typical neighborhood and prefer areas with a couple acres that’s where we are in tomball. Having kids we’ve considered moving into a traditional neighborhood where we can ride bikes to stores, food, movies etc. everything’s connected by walking patch’s in the woodlands which is very nice. We take a 5-10 minute drive with bikes in the truck and spend thee day hitting different parks, movies etc. it’s a great area for kids stuff
                  I'd like to take the move as an opportunity to find a spot like that....
                  1 - 2 acre lot size but still not too far from all the kinda stuff you mentioned.
                  I need to spend some time with my wife driving around the area I believe

Comment

Wife’s cousin is a Realtor in that area if you need one. Highly recommend !

Comment

The Woodlands - new job

Originally posted by RonRon View Post
                      There's a new subdivision going in on 99............halfway between I-45 and I-59.

It's The Highlands.........really nice 18 hole golf course, hiking trails, biking trails, lakes for kayaking and fishing...........lots of wooded areas around it. Easy access to freeways. Homes priced for all budgets. It is in Porter ISD..........

I close on my house next month........in the 55 and better section.

There is a old folks section of the highlands???

My house backs up to the highlands. Nice neighborhood, my wife’s company builds in there but the houses are to close together for my taste.

It’s New Caney ISD.

Comment

we have some friends that live in the woodlands and love it. I don't know where it's at but they can walk to the heb and the little restaurant area and their backyard is on the golf course. Ridiculously expensive in their neighborhood but their schools and amenities are great

Comment

It really depends on your wants. If you’re looking for more land/room, I’d go west (Magnolia) or North (Willis/New Waverly), just get ready for a drive into work and a bit of traffic. If you don’t mind a small(er) lot, then I wouldn’t hesitate at all to look in The Woodlands near your work….lots of great neighborhoods/amenities around there.
                          I currently live in Conroe on the SE side of Loop 336. The loop traffic has increased exponentially in the last 3 years since I’ve been here, but if you can figure out the times it’s busy and work around that (it isn’t horrible all the time) you should be good to go. I go south on 45 for about 10 miles before exiting for work, just a few miles south of research forest. The traffic, although heavy, typically flows great around 7-7:30 am. I typically leave and head north around 4-4:30 and again, traffic is typically heavy but flows fairly well.
                          Conroe is growing extremely quick, if looking up this way I’d look around Grand Central Park. Easy to access 45, nice/new neighborhoods, close to any amenities you’d need and can be at Research Forest in less than 10 minutes

Comment

We live in Montgomery and love it. I can get to the back of the Woodlands in 15 minutes and the front of it in about 35 minutes. But in the last 3 years its gotten really expensive to buy anything out here because of the school district being pretty sought after. If you want more info about this area shoot me a PM.

Comment

Stay out of Tomball. It is the worst. Definitely horrible schools, horrible roads, bad drivers, very inconvenient to get anywhere. Definitely no closer to public land and the woods than Sugarland. People are unfriendly, in a New York kind of way. You definitely, absolutely, will hate it.

In all seriousness, we moved from Katy to Tomball, and love the area (wife, 3 yo and 2 yo). 5 minutes to everything, way more room to stretch your legs, and has a much more small town feel. I suspect as businesses migrate out of Houston, and into the Woodlands, population density will get worse. But for now, it is a great area. Ideally, if you can get to the Montgomery County side of town, that would be where I would prefer.

Comment

Working...
                              X