Anyone have a roomba?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a roomba?

Anyone have a newer roomba vacuume? Is there a manual start mode? Like whenever my wife leaves the house she can push a button and go out the door? I know you can program them to run on a schedule but with our little boys we need to randomly have it run whenever my wife and boys leave/go outside.

Ours has a start button right in the center of it. Push that and it goes. Supposed to dock and charge when the battery gets low. There’s an app to make it run that you can use from anywhere as long as the roomba is on WiFi. Ours doesn’t empty itself so that’s the only downfall, we have kids and pets so it fills up quick.

Comment

Yes, I call it the dragon

Yes, you press clean and it goes to town.

We have ours set to go off 4am. Some days its done by 6am and some days its more like 7am.

I'm ready to get 2 more, put up the blockers, and have 3 work at the same time, so they should be done by 5am.

Comment

My wife has a Shark IQ Robot under the Xmas tree as we speak. She’s gonna pee herself cause she’s wanted one for awhile for all the dog hair from the new dog!

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSMC View Post
          Ours has a start button right in the center of it. Push that and it goes. Supposed to dock and charge when the battery gets low. There’s an app to make it run that you can use from anywhere as long as the roomba is on WiFi. Ours doesn’t empty itself so that’s the only downfall, we have kids and pets so it fills up quick.

Same. Big button right in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can also start it from an app on your phone

Comment

Not super into gadgets but this rocks. Got the self emptying one after seeing a transformation at a friend with two labs house. Ours keeps up with a dog and 3 little boys and it has freed up some time. Does our main floor bedrooms, baths, kitchen, living room about 4 days a week while we are at work. Named ours destroyer, because that’s what we told our kids it would do to any toys they leave out. We even faked a ground up toy the first week for effect. One piece of technology that actually has added time back to our lives. Took some time to get the house mapped and a couple little things moved to keep it from getting stuck or trapped and running the batteries down. Pretty much run from a phone but can hit the button too
              Last edited by Txtourist; 12-14-2019, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Which model do you guys recommend? We’ve got concrete floors and several rugs, will it get the floors and the rugs?

Comment

Got my wife one for Valentine’s Day, she loves it. It won’t climb on the big fat rug she has in the living room, but that’s not a huge deal. It hangs up under the counters in the kitchen sometimes too.

All in all, it’s worth it.

Comment

I have a eufy from Amazon. It works well if you can run it at least 3 times a week. It otherwise misses too much stuff in it's haphazard pattern. Has a manual mode. With 2 young kids and junk around constantly it gets stuck a little too often. If my kids were school aged it would likely be a different story and we'd use it daily. It's a cheaper model. The shark and roomba may have some more luck in not getting stuck.

Comment

We have the roomba 5150. And have it hit the high areas of our house. (Front door and kitchen). I will say if you have a dark rug or carpet it will think that it’s a cliff and get stuck.

But we got the electronic walls and this thing keeps up with us and our lab.

Comment

I bought a good one fro the wife last X-Mas. She absolutely loves it. It will do hardwood floors great, and does my animal hides and zebra rugs to perfection. I call it Gladys, and she's the best house maid we have ever had. Starts every day at 1000 while we are out running around; usually done and parked by noon when we get home. Has a pushbutton for manual clean.

Comment

Anyone have a roomba?

We have 2 Roomba 960s that we bought from Curt.

They
                          Are
                          Awesome!

Only place they get stuck is under the edge of the recliner.

Ours has a start button on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We have a roomba 860. It runs at 9 am everyday. We empty the bin every couple days. It does pretty good.

Comment

My wife has a shark brand. It too has a middle button for clean. We have Sandy soil and that thing is a lifesaver. It runs mon-friday at 9am.

Comment

Working...
                              X