No till food plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No till food plot

What does the green screen think? What is the best no till brand to plant?

Curious my self.. I've got a small area at my house that I bow hunt and would like to do something..

Comment

I've done that on my place before. Throwed out oats and turnips and then shredded the grass on top . Came up pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        I've done that on my place before. Throwed out oats and turnips and then shredded the grass on top . Came up pretty good
        That about what I am thinking.

Comment

It works

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

You’ll have better luck with wheat than oats, smaller seed broadcasts better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oats will come up, but as stated smaller seeds definitely work better. Timely rain is the key. I like to double the recommended seeding rate.

Comment

I’ve had great luck with it. Just got the stuff from Walmart. Used a little more than stated. I kicked the leaves out of the way, but that was about it. Made sure it would get some sun.

Comment

Turnips, rye grass, clovers are all small seeds and usually come up fairly easily.

Comment

I tried the throw & gro last year it came up pretty good. I think it was mainly rye. This year I’m trying the biologic hot spot which is mainly wheat

Comment

Could you start a throw and grow plot late season?

Comment

Elbon rye! I’m a cityboy and I can do it. Broadcast it out and now before a rain. Easy.

Comment

I tried throw & grow last year ...... cleared all the weeks & grass, raked the dirt and didn't have any luck! Going to try something else this year.
                          But rain is the key!

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
                            I tried throw & grow last year ...... cleared all the weeks & grass, raked the dirt and didn't have any luck! Going to try something else this year.
                            But rain is the key!

The grass is the main thing that helps in throw n grow I believe. Need a thatch to help hold the seeds in place and protect them from the birds. If you cleared all grass, thats likely where you went wrong and should have disced at that point. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Are y'all spraying and killing everything first? Then a week are so later broadcasting your seed and shred.

Comment

Working...
                              X