Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!!!

Comment

Going tonight out of Port A. Limited last year by 10pm with some monsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Booger74 View Post
        Going tonight out of Port A. Limited last year by 10pm with some monsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Good luck. I hate the limit is only 2 now, almost not worth going. When I was a kid my grandpa would take us older grand boys to Port A gigging over Thanksgiving break. I don’t remember what the limit was then, would have been around ‘95. But we gigged what seemed like hundreds in a few days. I sold my gigging boat when it went to 5 fish. Been planning on building another but have a feeling it will be outlawed pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
          Looks awesome.
          My dad and I have recently started going together and it’s a blast. I put together a little video but it isn’t nearly as entertaining as this.
          Come on Mike let’s see it! I need to go over there and get my Crocs. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            Good luck. I hate the limit is only 2 now, almost not worth going. When I was a kid my grandpa would take us older grand boys to Port A gigging over Thanksgiving break. I don’t remember what the limit was then, would have been around ‘95. But we gigged what seemed like hundreds in a few days. I sold my gigging boat when it went to 5 fish. Been planning on building another but have a feeling it will be outlawed pretty quick.
            I don't think they will outlaw gigging as a first measure. I'd be surprised if they didn't up the minimum to 16"

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
              I don't think they will outlaw gigging as a first measure. I'd be surprised if they didn't up the minimum to 16"
              I’m ok with that. The article I read mentioned three things, commercial take, gigging, and raising the minimum size. So I assume those are what they will go after first. At some point if flounder stocks don’t increase gigging will be outlawed.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                I’m ok with that. The article I read mentioned three things, commercial take, gigging, and raising the minimum size. So I assume those are what they will go after first. At some point if flounder stocks don’t increase gigging will be outlawed.
                Outlawing gigging would basically be outlawing commercial take as it accounts for upwards of 90% of the commercial catch if I am remembering right from the CCA podcast that is on the other thread.

TPWD doesn't like to take drastic steps. So, I would guess they would reduce the commercial bag limit and up the minimum size. This will probably accelerate commercial license buy back and accomplish alot of what a gigging ban would while ruffling less feathers.

This is just my opinion based on my own observations. Those two things seem like the low hanging fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                  Outlawing gigging would basically be outlawing commercial take as it accounts for upwards of 90% of the commercial catch if I am remembering right from the CCA podcast that is on the other thread.

TPWD doesn't like to take drastic steps. So, I would guess they would reduce the commercial bag limit and up the minimum size. This will probably accelerate commercial license buy back and accomplish alot of what a gigging ban would while ruffling less feathers.

This is just my opinion based on my own observations. Those two things seem like the low hanging fruit.
                  Sounds logical...which is why they’ll likely never go for it!
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

wow, I have not done that in 40yrs but sure want to do it again. looks like y'all had a blast

Comment

That pretty good, better than I have done in a long time. Looks like your family enjoyed floundering also, that's good.

I took my wife and daughter floundering for the first time about four or five years ago. I talked about it many times. Turns out they both thought I was nuts, talking about walking around in 6" of water, with a light at night, stabbing fish. They thought I was completely full of it. Well finally we went floundering, first time I ever took them. We found four, if I remember correctly, got two, one took off on us, that one was big, the other one, was only about 4" long, so too small. We got one about 15", then one about 21". After that, every time we go to the coast, my wife wants to make sure we have the floundering gear, they both love floundering. I don't know if it's the see it gig it and not have to sit there staring at the water waiting on a fish to take the bait, or if they just like floundering. I was not sure they would like it, but wanted to show them, what we used to do, when I was younger. I was really afraid they would not like it at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X