No announcement yet.

Guys, can we talk wedding venues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out the springs venue. My fiancé and I are getting married at their venue in angleton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

JP for nuptials and bank the rest!👍❤️

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
        lol ... oh well.
        Haven't saw any posts on here about weddings in churches, just venues(bars) and lots of alcohol involved. And they wonder where all the cost is going..?
        Yup. Especially the oh shes been planning this her whole life thing... I've been wanting sports cars , hot women, lots of guns, and as of late lots of hunts all over. Doesnt make it any dumber to waste money where I shouldn't lol. My wife might take offense to it going to women especially lol.

OP I've ragged on you a bit twice now, but honestly, be sensible about the money. I love my wife and we did have a nice wedding, but told her we could elope and have a party I'd pay for, or let her parents pay for whatever they wanted. Having the wedding she wanted has had 0 impact on our marriage other than us missing out on that money that could have gone towards a house, sons college fund, retirement, etc,

Nor did her big fancy wedding help her during depression, post partum issues, etc. Life happens. Certainly enjoy the moment of getting married, it (hopefully) only happens once. But be sensible. Unless you can roll 10k every year into something, or atleast 7k, dont go blowing it all. Try church venues, or eschew the alcohol. If everyone's there for love, they oughtta be sober enough to remember it. Theres some ranches west of houston (since you're already looking around here) put towards sealy and Stephen f austin that are gorgeous and reasonable.

Comment

We did the quarry ridge in college station. It was 10K for the venue, but was an amazing place. This was last march. It was everything my wife wanted and that was exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

If 10K is the total budget thats plenty to have a great wedding, but quarry ridge isn't the place. Save that money for all the other tons of things that come up last minute. Most importantly remember it's ya'lls day. Make it what you and your bride want. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
              Yup. Especially the oh shes been planning this her whole life thing... I've been wanting sports cars , hot women, lots of guns, and as of late lots of hunts all over. Doesnt make it any dumber to waste money where I shouldn't lol. My wife might take offense to it going to women especially lol.

OP I've ragged on you a bit twice now, but honestly, be sensible about the money. I love my wife and we did have a nice wedding, but told her we could elope and have a party I'd pay for, or let her parents pay for whatever they wanted. Having the wedding she wanted has had 0 impact on our marriage other than us missing out on that money that could have gone towards a house, sons college fund, retirement, etc,

Nor did her big fancy wedding help her during depression, post partum issues, etc. Life happens. Certainly enjoy the moment of getting married, it (hopefully) only happens once. But be sensible. Unless you can roll 10k every year into something, or atleast 7k, dont go blowing it all. Try church venues, or eschew the alcohol. If everyone's there for love, they oughtta be sober enough to remember it. Theres some ranches west of houston (since you're already looking around here) put towards sealy and Stephen f austin that are gorgeous and reasonable.
              Couple of things -

1. I totally expected to get ragged on about this, been hanging around long enough to know what I was getting into when I posted the thread lol

2. This is her 2nd marriage (my 1st) and her first wedding was a JP type thing and she didn’t want to do that again. To be honest, I’m not against a wedding or paying for it, even I’ve always wanted a cool wedding since I was old enough to start thinking about it. It’s probably more for my mother than for either one of us

3. $10k is our budget for the wedding, it’s been saved and set aside for a time such as this, and I can’t take it with me when I’m gone!

4. Fortunately, alcohol will be taken care of as we work/volunteer at a local brewery here in Tomball and that’s their gift to us.

I do appreciate all the suggestions so far, she is looking into other venues right now but has decided that she will make the decision before New Years so at least I’ll know by then how much I’m gonna need to pony up.

For the gents mentioning that it’s in bow season, I absolutely know! But it ain’t in the spring when the bass are spawning

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                Get married when she wants to get married and how she wants to get married. She's been thinking of this day forever and it's about her anyways. I laugh at the guys worried about getting married during hunting season. October 7th here, and sure, I've missed a few hunts, spent a couple of anniversaries hunting with her, missed a couple of anniversaries altogether because she was fine with it and never once considered putting my need to be in the woods before what my wife wanted.

You can have a nice wedding for $10k....she's just got to be on the same page. My daughter's was out The House Estate in Hockley, catered my Mel's Diner in Tomball and her inlaws bought the liquor. Full disclosure....it wasn't a $10k wedding, but it could have been.
                Thanks for the advice Curt - we are actually going to look at the House Estate in Hockley sometime soon, looked awesome online but definitely pricey.

She is more than willing to help keep cost down, and is taking that into consideration with every decision, but from what we are seeing the venue is the big dollar play here so that’s why I came specifically asking about venues.

Thanks again!

Comment

Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                    Thanks for the advice Curt - we are actually going to look at the House Estate in Hockley sometime soon, looked awesome online but definitely pricey.

She is more than willing to help keep cost down, and is taking that into consideration with every decision, but from what we are seeing the venue is the big dollar play here so that’s why I came specifically asking about venues.

Thanks again!

I’ll add, and it’ll go against the grain of a few here (who cares), but if money is the determining factor on everything you do in your marriage, then it’s doomed. We’ve been broke as a joke and had money to seemingly burn at times and it can never define who you are. The beautiful thing about money is that you can always make some more tomorrow. She’ll never have another wedding day. People talking about wasting money on a wedding, for the love of your life, lease other people’s land, buy protein and corn, deer stands and feeders, cabins and RVs, to shoot deer for meat that they could get from Kroger’s for a fraction of the cost.

Comment

I DJ a lot of wedding in the area. The last few year everything has been at the Springs venue. You can also try Outback Western. I have done a few shows there over the years. If you need a DJ, let me know. I have been doing it for over 30 years and very affordable

Comment

Couple of things -

1. I totally expected to get ragged on about this, been hanging around long enough to know what I was getting into when I posted the thread lol

2. This is her 2nd marriage (my 1st) and her first wedding was a JP type thing and she didn’t want to do that again. To be honest, I’m not against a wedding or paying for it, even I’ve always wanted a cool wedding since I was old enough to start thinking about it. It’s probably more for my mother than for either one of us

3. $10k is our budget for the wedding, it’s been saved and set aside for a time such as this, and I can’t take it with me when I’m gone!

4. Fortunately, alcohol will be taken care of as we work/volunteer at a local brewery here in Tomball and that’s their gift to us.

I do appreciate all the suggestions so far, she is looking into other venues right now but has decided that she will make the decision before New Years so at least I’ll know by then how much I’m gonna need to pony up.

For the gents mentioning that it’s in bow season, I absolutely know! But it ain’t in the spring when the bass are spawning
                        Good for you on taking the shots from us in stride.
                        Sounds like you've thought this through way more than it sounded in the first post.
                        My buddy had his wedding at Ambrosia Crossing (I believe) for a reasonable price. I mean it's still gonna cost, but was a great venue. I've heard from the girls at work about Emery's buffalo creek.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          I’ll add, and it’ll go against the grain of a few here (who cares), but if money is the determining factor on everything you do in your marriage, then it’s doomed. We’ve been broke as a joke and had money to seemingly burn at times and it can never define who you are. The beautiful thing about money is that you can always make some more tomorrow. She’ll never have another wedding day. People talking about wasting money on a wedding, for the love of your life, lease other people’s land, buy protein and corn, deer stands and feeders, cabins and RVs, to shoot deer for meat that they could get from Kroger’s for a fraction of the cost.
                          This is a very valid point. Only get one go around in life, and hopefully this is a one time marriage deal Haha, certainly enjoy it.

Comment

Couple of things -

My daughter is getting married (2nd time) to a feller that has never been married. She would be happy with a small private ceremony but HE wants a wedding. We are going to a castle, in Scotland. How's that for blowing budgets [emoji3].

Sounds like you guys are in agreement....that is the #1 factor in a successful marriage. If we are not in agreement, it (whatever the event/issue) does not proceed.

Congrats on finding a woman that you can do life with!

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

I own a wedding venue north of dfw. We hear complaints about others adding on which we think is nuts. Final cost depends on head count and extras, food, linens, drinks, etc.... we think anything over 150 people is a bit much. $10k is easy to get to with photographers, flowers, hair, dj, etc...

DJ $1000-$1500
                              Photos $2000 up
                              Flowers $2000 to infinity
                              Catering $17 person and up
                              Wedding insurance $200
                              Bartender $200+
                              Cop $200+
                              Linens $15 per table
                              Alcohol all over the place on that
                              Upgrade plates $2 per person
                              Cake minimum $250
                              Sparklers for exit $1.50 each
                              Dress ebay $200 store $1500+
                              Venue...we are $4000 and cheapest around
                              Videographer all over the map
                              Appetizers $2-$3 per person

Comment

October is tough, busy month we are all booked you may have a rough time on that

Comment

Working...
                                X