Archery 8 pointer 12/01/19 self filmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Love some Val Verde county bow kills. Nice man.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good looking deer

Comment

Nice, congrats! It’s not easy getting a bow kill on camera!

Comment

Congrats. I saw where it said you also hunt in Van Zandt county. Where at and are you seeing anything good there?

-john

Comment

Congrats. Our Val Verde place was devastated with Anthrax this year. Glad to see yall weren't affected. Where's the video?

Comment

Nice buck!

Comment

Originally posted by ccbrown50 View Post
                  Congrats. Our Val Verde place was devastated with Anthrax this year. Glad to see yall weren't affected. Where's the video?
                  I dont know how to upload it... I have a 10 second clip of the shot on phone and the full video on the camera. Will eventually get some help from a buddy to do a full clip but he was 1/4 toward me at 34 yards. I will post 3 pics of the before impact, right at impact, and post impact.

Comment

Yeah I heard several ranches getting wiped out in the area. We were fortunate enough not to get plagued. We are near Comstock Tx.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                      Congrats. I saw where it said you also hunt in Van Zandt county. Where at and are you seeing anything good there?

-john

I have about 150 acres that I put up two stands and feeders on last December. I havent hunted it yet but I have seen several does and a couple real young bucks and unfortunately several pictures of trespassers running hog dogs on the property. Neighbor farmer ran some off last weekend. Called the game warden but its hard to really monitor out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Witchita View Post
                        I have about 150 acres that I put up two stands and feeders on last December. I havent hunted it yet but I have seen several does and a couple real young bucks and unfortunately several pictures of trespassers running hog dogs on the property. Neighbor farmer ran some off last weekend. Called the game warden but its hard to really monitor out there.
                        I live in Fruitvale and have a ton of kin folks around. If you can keep the poachers off this area can grow some nice deer.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Witchita View Post
                          Yeah I heard several ranches getting wiped out in the area. We were fortunate enough not to get plagued. We are near Comstock Tx.
                          Good deal. I have a buddy hunting in Comstock as well and they had no signs of Anthrax either. To be more exact our place is in Juno about 10 miles from 277 off 189. Hopefully it recovers, we will see.

Comment

Good deal. I have a buddy hunting in Comstock as well and they had no signs of Anthrax either. To be more exact our place is in Juno about 10 miles from 277 off 189. Hopefully it recovers, we will see.

Oh yeah I heard it was bad out in that area. I’m off of HWY 1024

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                              I live in Fruitvale and have a ton of kin folks around. If you can keep the poachers off this area can grow some nice deer.

-john

Yeah that’s why I put up some stuff down there. A lot of my family is down there and just cattle farmers and never hunt but my grandma showed me a STUD of a deer that was shot a few miles from me. Lot of mass/weight in East Texas deer.

Comment

Here’s 4 pics of the before impact, at impact, and post. I’m shooting 73lbs 30.5 draw, Easton Axis FMJ. Arrow weight is 503 grains. You can see the arrow sticking out of him on the opposite side. Was down in about 7 seconds. Too thick to see where he fell but I’m proud of the footage.

Comment

Working...
                                X