I really hate careless people!!!! PSA also

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s a good way to end a great weekend before it begins. Hit a muthaloving metal wheel barrow that some lazy POS didn’t secure on there trailer while traveling thru San Antonio. Rear Driver side of the tundra is tore up pretty bad but most importantly everyone is safe and sound. I’m just fuming and need to vent a little. If there is one thing I would preach to my guys at work, always make sure your loads are secure at all times before moving your truck. Too bad that don’t work with everyone and I’m the unfortunate soul who will be paying for their stupidness

PSA. It’s hunting season and we all will be hauling stuff to and from so please make sure your stuff is securely tied down before traveling. Could be the difference in a life or death situation.

I do need some recommendations for a good body shop in San Antonio/Boerne please?

Good luck to all hunting and good night!

That sucks. Glad you weren’t in a wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
      That sucks. Glad you weren’t in a wreck.
      Me too. I couldn’t swerve to miss it because of a 18 wheeler that was hugging the line to my passenger side. Figured that wheel barrow would be the neat choice instead of swerving

Comment

I'm convinced SA has the worst drivers in Texas.

I'm glad I've gotten speeding tickets in the past and drive defensively. Its def needed [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

That sucks man! I see stuff like that all the time in West Texas.

Comment

Sorry to see this. Glad you are ok though.

Comment

I hit something in the roadway last Sunday on interstate 20 at the bottom of Ranger hill. It bent both wheels on the drivers side of my pickup. Could have walked home faster that day!

Comment

I feel your pain. On my way to work on i45 a week ago, the guy in front of me lost a large trash can out of the bed of his truck. Hit the front of my car and broke my grille, parking sensor, Lexus symbol, and added a few scratches. It was 515am. He didn’t stop so I’m the one who has to pay. [emoji35][emoji35]
                Last edited by nursejenn; 10-10-2020, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Glad you are alright.

The amount of stuff on San Antonio roads due to lack of securing loads is mind boggling. You can buy a 4 pack of tie down straps at harbor freight for less than $10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang that sucks. I see people with unsecured loads in a trailer here all the time. Ridiculous. About a month ago I drove up on a guy that had just lost his riding lawnmower out of the back of his truck. At least it was a rural road. He was obviously pretty upset...

Comment

Sucks it happened, but I wouldn’t let that ruin my hunting weekend. It’s still drivable isn’t it?
                      A couple years ago my daughter and I were going on a hunt. My transmission went out. I left the truck and bought a new one so she wouldn’t miss her hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post
                        Glad you are alright.

The amount of stuff on San Antonio roads due to lack of securing loads is mind boggling. You can buy a 4 pack of tie down straps at harbor freight for less than $10.

Those $10 Harbor Freight straps are probably the reason why crap is all over the road.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Those $10 Harbor Freight straps are probably the reason why crap is all over the road.

There is some truth to that.

But it’s also amazing to see the number of trucks with stuff stacked like the Beverly Hillbillies, with one 12” bungee cord “holding” it all down.

A cheap strap would be better that the nothing that is typically used.

Comment

Been on both sides at once. About 7 years ago. We ran over some lost lumber on I 10, right by the airport in the early morning and the 48" 1/2" thick griddle(wok) that sits on the firepit popped the strap and bounced off the trailer and went rolling along 10. We got off next exit to turn around to get it and look for anyone who might have hit it and assist. Fortunately, no other people were affected by it rolling along 10. Found it leaning upright on a pedestrian foot bridge about 50 yds from where we lost it. No damage to anyone anywhere but the broken strap and our minds. We were so afraid of being the cause of hurting someone. Monster lesson learned there. One strap never is enough. We laugh now(we can, no one got hurt) about flying saucers around SA.

I feel for you. I had that feeling of being the cause of what happened to you for 15 mins. Never forgot it.
                            That feeling is no bueno.

Comment

Landscapers LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X