No announcement yet.

Anybody still shooting doves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s been terrible for us all season. Killed 8 opening morning but everyday since has been one or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      Haha... thank you gents! It's terrible down here, just cooked 'em up and there's nothing like fresh dove kabobs! Been stepping over this pet Javi all evening, and watching that sun set over the Sierra Madres doesn't suck.

The Brit does have spots just a bad angle, this dog loves to hunt. Lizards to butterflies it doesn't matter . He'll chase anything.

Headed home in the morning so duty calls, we spent the last few days wading through TC pics... should be an exciting year!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Wife and I are looking for a dove pup for next year. Given the heat in the SA area during dove season, would a smaller dog like a Britt be more beneficial than a Lab or GSP?

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
        Wife and I are looking for a dove pup for next year. Given the heat in the SA area during dove season, would a smaller dog like a Britt be more beneficial than a Lab or GSP?
        I think so. They're amazing dogs, especially for smaller birds. I wouldn't recommend them for ducks/geese but dove and quail are right up their alley. They also don't shed hardly at all. Super good with kids and amazing stamina.

Comment

Good Trip Shane! Be careful on the way home!

Comment

I think so. They're amazing dogs, especially for smaller birds. I wouldn't recommend them for ducks/geese but dove and quail are right up their alley. They also don't shed hardly at all. Super good with kids and amazing stamina.
            Yeah, I don’t duck hunt, but I do dove hunt and getting into quail hunting next year. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Comment

Oh yes sir!!! ^^^

Comment

Dang WBA2K, that's a feast right there!! Love me some dove poppers!!

Comment

Sh&$@........ mine will retrieve ducks like a machine!

... now geese. Might be fun to watch, but I bet she would drag em if she had to. Lol
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Low Fence; 10-11-2020, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Dang WBA2K, that's a feast right there!! Love me some dove poppers!!

They were a hit! Along with another recipe I came up with a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        Sh&$@........ mine will retrieve ducks like a machine!

... now geese. Might be fun to watch, but I bet she would drag em if she had to. Lol
                        Lmao! I bet, this one is more used to butterflies .

Comment

Shane, is that your dog and do you bring it back and forth across the border or is it home in Mexico?

Comment

Haha... thank you gents! It's terrible down here, just cooked 'em up and there's nothing like fresh dove kabobs! Been stepping over this pet Javi all evening, and watching that sun set over the Sierra Madres doesn't suck.

The Brit does have spots just a bad angle, this dog loves to hunt. Lizards to butterflies it doesn't matter . He'll chase anything.

Headed home in the morning so duty calls, we spent the last few days wading through TC pics... should be an exciting year!

and hear I was thinking, Ive not dove hunted in a few weeks but I sure wouldn't mind getting into some!!

Our next dove shoot is usually around Christmas and outstanding. Guess I'll wait till then

Comment

Had some lease members at our lease near Brady and they said it was slow this past weekend.

Comment

Got a solid limit In McMullen co Saturday evening hunting over a water hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X