No announcement yet.

First blind built -trailer mounted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to have to adjust my window framing. Could not wait five weeks for windows to come in. So I had to find another company. Ordered my windows yesterday from The Original Deer Blind Window Co. and they came in today. They look like they are great quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Got to work on the blind today. Hopefully I can have it finished this weekend.

Comment

Great build. Sheet metal for the skin and it would have out lasted you.

Comment

All sealed up and painted.

Comment

Looks awesome! Nice work

Comment

First blind built -trailer mounted

Originally posted by Shu View Post
                It’s just an old 54 Chevy five window with a 327.........I will get a picture in a little bit.
                One day I will get back to working on it.

Originally posted by perow View Post
                looking good BUT can you please post pics of the truck?

Hey Perow....I too was impressed with the 5 window old Chevy [emoji23]
                This is a pic I received earlier when I inquired about it. Maybe Shu will chime in with some additional pics now that his blind is completed [emoji848][emoji2369]

Comment

He’s my neighbor and that truck isn’t going to be for sale.....at least until I get a chance to ride in it! The guy can build/fabricate dang near anything. Blind looks much better in person than on the pics. Very nice build vecino

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
                    He’s my neighbor and that truck isn’t going to be for sale.....at least until I get a chance to ride in it! The guy can build/fabricate dang near anything. Blind looks much better in person than on the pics. Very nice build vecino
                    Thank you. The truck is definitely not for sale.

Comment

Very Nice little project! I went a similar route but made a blind with forklift pockets that the tractor uses to move it around. I like the trailer better though haha.

Comment

That’s a nice build.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
                          That’s a nice build.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-
                          Thank you

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Nice work Shu. I'm building a 5'x7' wood framed blind on a trailer I have. Good to know about The Original Deer Blind Window Co. - looked at their site and the storefront pics and window descriptions are easier for me to understand than the Deerview site that uses customer pics of installed windows.

Looks like you went with the Framed Sing Sash. What size windows did you install? and how many inches from floor to bottom of window? (Im 6 ft tall)

Also, what size tubing did you use - me no welder - yet! Thanks
                              Last edited by BigYoung; 09-25-2019, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigYoung View Post
                                Nice work Shu. I'm building a 5'x7' wood framed blind on a trailer I have. Good to know about The Original Deer Blind Window Co. - looked at their site and the storefront pics and window descriptions are easier for me to understand than the Deerview site that uses customer pics of installed windows.

Looks like you went with the Framed Sing Sash. What size windows did you install? and how many inches from floor to bottom of window? (Im 6 ft tall)

Also, what size tubing did you use - me no welder - yet! Thanks

All my framing is 1 1/2” angle because it was free. The bottom of the window framing is 39” off the floor. The window frame adds 1” to the height of the opening putting it at 40”. I’m 6’1” and it’s perfect for me. It has also been perfect for all my buddies that have checked it out. My front windows are 36” and the others are 24”.

Comment

Working...
                                X