Crossbow hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossbow hunters

How do you carry your crossbow? I shoot a Mission sub 1. Last weekend I carried it with a rifle sling but the limbs and my pack didn’t get along. So I pulled out my rifle pack it is set up to strap a rifle or a bow to it but the crossbow doesn’t fit well and the straps rub on the strings. Any suggestions?

No easy way really lol

Comment

In your hands lol. Best way I have found.

Comment

That’s the main reason that I’ve bought three, sold two, and never hunted with the one I have now. They are cumbersome, ungainly, ugly, clumsy,..........shall I go on ? I don’t think they are compatible with any sort of backpack.

Really, I thought I was gonna have to use one this year, but after eye surgery and new glasses I can see my sights again, so I have a reprieve for now. Gonna keep this last one just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          That’s the main reason that I’ve bought three, sold two, and never hunted with the one I have now. They are cumbersome, ungainly, ugly, clumsy,..........shall I go on ? I don’t think they are compatible with any sort of backpack.

Really, I thought I was gonna have to use one this year, but after eye surgery and new glasses I can see my sights again, so I have a reprieve for now. Gonna keep this last one just in case.
          Unfortunately my right shoulder says no more bows I had a good run over 40 years shooting a vertical bow. Maybe I can find me a crossbow bearer for hire in Young county.

Comment

Fanny pack or possibles bag. Aint nothing else works, I done figgered that out. I been using a man purse

Last edited by Radar; 10-01-2019, 06:27 PM.

Comment

In your hands, everything else goes in the backpack.

Comment

Originally posted by krtnorris View Post
                In your hands, everything else goes in the backpack.

Yes this

They are bulky & sometimes hard to get up a tree too

Comment

Here is an option. Try resting the Limbs on your shoulder and hold the butt end. With a backpack, it shouldn't get in the way. I carry an Excalibur. You would have at least 1 free hand for a flashlight or whatever.

The sling approach isn't working for me and I am considering removing it from the crossbow altogether. With it resting on your shoulder, the weight won't be noticeable. Just my thoughts from a crossbow user.

Comment

Seen some of the new ones from tenpoint look like they're not very wide, way closer to rifle width. 1000 dollars nut worth it I guess if the compactability and mobility factor matters to you.

Comment

I carry it on my shoulder, pointing backwards. Find the balance point where it’s a little heavier in the back, and use the hand of the shoulder it’s on to balance it out. Mine balances right on the trigger guard for that purpose, the bottom of the guard tides on the backpack strap. I’m only walking a couple hundred yards with it though.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                        I carry it on my shoulder, pointing backwards. Find the balance point where it’s a little heavier in the back, and use the hand of the shoulder it’s on to balance it out. Mine balances right on the trigger guard for that purpose, the bottom of the guard tides on the backpack strap. I’m only walking a couple hundred yards with it though.

This exactly.

Comment

I honestly went with the sniper 370 and it’s weight being lite. That way I can carry what I have to on my back and the bow doesn’t slow me down as a heavier bow would. Funny how my buddies ask to borrow it after I tag out. I use a good nonslip rifle sling while walking in open areas and by hand in the thick stuff. Always carry a backpack size depending on gear I am taking. Keep it simple...what do you actually use out there?

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                            This is what I do.
                            Balance point is more forward though.

Comment

I sure am glad I have an Excalibur. I snapped a string the other day. Ordered 2 from amazon. Had it back on without a trip to the shop. Best decision I made was buying that particular bow.

Comment

Working...
                              X