No announcement yet.

Newton, Jasper, Orange and Jefferson county kill pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TShelly, that's a nice one hope you connect.

I went for awhile this AM, didn't see any but I heard them walk by to the East of me. Close but no cigar.

Comment

She ran out of blood. Jasper county.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
        She ran out of blood. Jasper county.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
        Hey Congrats! Got it rollin!

I will be going tomorrow evening.

Comment

First year in Newton county. If y’all had to pick three days to hunt the rut, what days would it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Highway hunter. I would pick Nov 12 - 14 maybe a day earlier or a day later depending on weather. Google tpwd rut chart for pineywoods
            Last edited by ElfEyes; 10-07-2019, 06:37 AM.

Comment

I killed my newton buck on the 15th last year. We had almost every buck on the place in daylight at feeders from about the 8th to the 15th. Hunt that week if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                I killed my newton buck on the 15th last year. We had almost every buck on the place in daylight at feeders from about the 8th to the 15th. Hunt that week if you can.

November?

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                  First year in Newton county. If y’all had to pick three days to hunt the rut, what days would it be?

I took my buck last year chasing a doe on the 14th of Nov. Its hard to pick just 3 days. I would look at the 10th-20th.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post

Nov. 9, 10 and 11th. I've hunted Newton county all my life and have killed almost all of my good bucks on these 3 days.

Comment

Picture is hard to see but this is the biggest deer I've killed in the national forest.. 21 years ago on Thanksgiving day chasing a doe. Shot him at 5 yards.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Went hunting yesterday, saw 2, buck one unknown. All total there were 8-12 deer sighted between 4 hunters. All between 9-1030

Comment

Ok, good weather coming this weekend, expect a lot of pics on this thread. Shoot straight and take pics.

Comment

Made my first sit of the year yesterday evening, this fella joined me @ 6:00 for a solid 15 minutes. He is a great looking 3yr old and an absolute corn hog. I bet he ate 5lbs while he was in front of me. If my little girl (7) decides she wants to hunt him with the crossbow then his days are numbered otherwise he will live at least 1 more year. I haven't pulled my card in over a week at this spot but as of last week the bigger bucks had not shown up, I'm going to setup a new spot after tomorrow's morning hunt to see if my suspicions are right....the crops have changed surrounding this block of woods from last year to now and k believe the deer have adjusted their patterns accordingly. We will find out soon enough!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

bump for the Thursday hunters

Comment

I hunted yesterday evening.. saw several scrapes but no deer.. maybe monday.

Comment

Working...
                                X