School Me on AR-15 Scopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently picked up my first AR-15, and I want to top it with a good scope.
    Picked up a Savage MSR-15 in .223/5.56 caliber and I LOVE it. Now to start dressing it up a little..

AND GO..

I believe have Nikon P223 3x32 BDC scope (at work and can't look at my scope) on my Del-Ton and I wish I had have waited on buying instead of just jumping in a buying it. I have bad eyes, so I wish I would have waited and bought the P223 3-9x40mm BDC or the 4-12x40mm. I haven't even began to sight in my AR with it. I am located in Victoria if you ever find a P223 in 3-9x40 mm BDC or the 4-12x40mm and looking to trade for something smaller.

I can look at it tomorrow and get you more details on the specifications.

Comment

Nikon is good. Good scope for what? ACOG fixes power for quick moving and out to150

I like night force and Vortex for Vari power

Comment

How far do you plan on shooting? Long range? Hunting? Pigs only? Personally I wouldn’t go crazy on an AR scope. Red dot with magnifier or ACOG is a better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Primary arms has some nice low power scopes with fast eye relief

Comment

I run a Leupold Mark AR firedot 1.5x-4x on my SBR 300BLK. It’s a good all around medium range scope, clear enough and the dot is visible in bright daylight (it’s an issue on some scopes). The Steiner P4Xi 1-4 is one of the higher rated AR scopes out there with a true 1X. (A lot of the less expensive scopes that claim a 1X are really 1.something.)

Comment

Budget? At what distances do you plan on shooting?

Comment

I have a Nikon M-223 on my AR-15 and a NF NXS on my AR-10. I tend to budget half of the rifle cost up to the cost of the rifle depending on what I want to do.

I do have some older rifles that I picked up cheap over the years that I have doubled or tripled the cost for glass.

Last edited by Black Ice; 09-20-2019, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Primary Arms 2.5X Compact AR15 Scope with Patented CQB ACSS Reticle. Trust me I have other on my AR's and for the money and usage this is the best. I got one for around $150 on Optics Planet and you can use it without the illumination.

Comment

The question is what are you doing with it?

Long range, short range?

Both?

Primary arms makes great glass for the money.

Their 3-18 FFP silver SL6 is a great one to look at.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Use will be main range, pigs, and coyotes. Looking at 300 yds and less. I dont really have a budget in mind, but dont want to break the bank

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Clearest compact, low power scope, I’ve seen. 300 yards on pigs is no problem.

Close and medium range engagements require lightweight, quick-to-point sights. The lean M536 provides a fast, clear aiming point in all light conditions and battlefield scenarios. An oversized, 36 mm objective lens gathers more light for a brighter image, 5x magnification puts rounds on target out to 700 meters, and the 10-setting illuminated reticle lets you instantly transition from close-quarter to medium-range targets, day or night.

Comment

It seems to me that the people who make 'tactical' scopes and scopes 'made for ARs' have done a very good job of getting guys to think they need something different for an AR than they'd put on any other rifle.

I don't buy into that. And I do like magnification. Why buy a variable scope that tops out at 4X, when you can get 9X or 12X for same price or only a little more? Better to have it & not need it than vice versa.

As you could guess, I use the same scopes I'd use on any other rifle. I am a fan of the Redfield Revolutions and have a couple of those on AR uppers.

Comment

Burris Rt6, swfa 1-6, maybe a vortex 1-6

Comment

Don't buy into the "tactical" scope deals, I'm talking the 1-6X 24 type scopes. They are compact and light, and work great in the daylight, but once it gets near dusk, worthless. The small objectives just don't work in hunting scenarios. I tried it. back to a 40mm objective for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X