• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabulous Shot! Thanks for Sharing!

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Suggestion: don't use TBH as your photo hosting site. That photo would be 10X nicer-looking on this screen if you first posted to imgur, flikr, or something else. @Casey (I think) usually posts beautifully crisp pics. Your pic deserves good pants!!

Comment

Amazing shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            Suggestion: don't use TBH as your photo hosting site. That photo would be 10X nicer-looking on this screen if you first posted to imgur, flikr, or something else. @Casey (I think) usually posts beautifully crisp pics. Your pic deserves good pants!!
            As in just post a link to the photo on one of those others sites? Not sure how to do it otherwise?

Comment

That is a really cool shot.

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
                As in just post a link to the photo on one of those others sites? Not sure how to do it otherwise?
                Upload to one of those sites, then post the link here. The end product will look much better.

For example:

Last edited by 35remington; 09-11-2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Bull Portrait by Tyler Barron, on Flickr

Holy cow, that does blow the picture up and increase the detail big time. lol

Comment

Tripod, about a 20 second exposure with a really wide lens at f2.8, ISO at about 4000. A small light inside the tent to illuminate it, and the fire/stars did the rest.

I want to be able to take pictures like this so bad. I’m guessing I don’t have the right lens. The largest aperture lens I have is a 50mm 1.8.

What lens did you use if you don’t mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      I want to be able to take pictures like this so bad. I’m guessing I don’t have the right lens. The largest aperture lens I have is a 50mm 1.8.

I have that exact lens and have taken some pretty dang good Astro shots with it. Shoot manual, 800-1400 iso(you can go quite a bit higher but I hate all of the noise), aperture at 1.8, and shutter speed around 5-15 seconds. That’ll get you ballpark and then just slightly adjust from there. That’s my opinion anyway

Comment

Bull Portrait by Tyler Barron, on Flickr

This is an awesome pic! you have great skills Tyler, i always enjoy looking at your work!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

That lens definitely has a plenty wide aperture, but the problem you might run into is that its kind of a long focal length at 50mm for astro stuff if you want that big wide sky type of shot. This was shot with a very cheap 14mm f2.8 lens. It's a Rokinon, and you can find em used for less than $200

Comment

That lens definitely has a plenty wide aperture, but the problem you might run into is that its kind of a long focal length at 50mm for astro stuff if you want that big wide sky type of shot. This was shot with a very cheap 14mm f2.8 lens. It's a Rokinon, and you can find em used for less than $200
                            X2! 50mm is longer than I like for sure, but it can be done. I prefer my 14 as well.

Comment

Yes. You don't have to make them visible from space though. There should be some slightly smaller, yet still high-rez, options.

Here's the giant version of the frog for comparison.

Comment

Well we weren't able to connect on an elk during our trip to Colorado, but we did have a heck of a time hunting for them and I was able to snag this astro shot of our camp.
                                Beautiful!! What part of colorado was this taken?

Comment

Working...
                                X