Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muzzle brake for new 300 Win Mag

Hey y'all

I just bought myself a shiny new 300 win mag. I will be adding a muzzle brake to manage some of the recoil. I would love some recommendations on companies/models to look at. Thanks for the help.

Vais is pretty hard to beat

Comment

I would look at shooting some of the lighter solid copper bullets made by barnes & to bring the recoil down first. I'm not sure if there are any offerings with something under 150 but I would check.

I really dislike brakes on a hunting rig if you can avoid it...the noise always ends up getting someone, plus your gun is longer factory & should be considered depending on what the gun is.

Comment

What type of barrel do you have- sporter weight, heavy, something in between? The diameter of the barrel will drive your options for threading which in turn limits or expands your choices for muzzle brakes.

Here is a very comprehensive test:
        This post summarizes the eye-opening results for the massive muzzle brake field test I’ve worked on the past few months. It included several objective tests to quantify the performance of 20+ muzzle brakes designed for precision rifles in 6mm through 30 caliber. My goal with this project was to equip fellow long-range shooters with as ...

The APA Gen 2 Lil ******* is fantastic and Ryan Pierce makes a great brake too-- I have his 5 port on my 300wm and you can dang near stay right on target at 100 yards.

The aesthetics of most self-timing brakes isn't the best.. they are larger than barrel diameter, have flats for tightening and theyre an obvious addition.

If you have enough meat on that barrel (enough for 5/8x24) I would take it to Alamo Precision Rifles and have them spin up their seamless 3 or 4 port brake-- they match the diameter of your barrel perfectly-- so perfect that you cannot tell where barrel stops and brake begins. Truly a work of art!

Comment

That APA gen 2 Little B is awesome. I use it on my SAUM as well as PRS rifle.

Comment

X2 on the APA Little Baztard brake. I’m on my second APA brake and I wouldn’t use any other brand.

Comment

Dead Air Nomad, Dead Air Sandman, Silencerco Omega, Sig SRD, TB ultras.... so many to pick from

Comment

None

Comment

Just my 2 cents as I was in your shoes with my Sako 300. I’m not recoil sensitive and the recoil on that fun wasn’t horrible but it wasn’t a cupcake by any means. I decided to spend $30 and install a limbsaver recoil pad first and I’m glad I did. It still kicks but it’s much more manageable now as the recoil is much “smoother” rather than being sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                    Just my 2 cents as I was in your shoes with my Sako 300. I’m not recoil sensitive and the recoil on that fun wasn’t horrible but it wasn’t a cupcake by any means. I decided to spend $30 and install a limbsaver recoil pad first and I’m glad I did. It still kicks but it’s much more manageable now as the recoil is much “smoother” rather than being sharp.

My M70 featherweight 300WM came factory with a pachmeyer decelerator pad, I hope it s just as good! I haven’t shot it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                      My M70 featherweight 300WM came factory with a pachmeyer decelerator pad, I hope it s just as good! I haven’t shot it yet.

That pad is a good one but in my experience the limbsaver has the edge on it.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                        Vais is pretty hard to beat
                        I have one of these om a 300 WSM. Great brake. Another good one is Match Grade arms in Spring.

Comment

Area 419 Hellfire. I have one on my 300WM from the 2019 APR TBH special. Pre scope the gun weighs under 7 pounds and it kicks about the same as my 10 1/2 pound 6.5 creedmore. Shot around 80 rounds in one day while building up a load for it with no issue at all. I was very surprised with the lack of recoil...big believer in the 419.

Comment

I love little b@stard breaks. A little pricey but woh it.

Comment

I have Witt Machine Custom Threaded Muzzle Break on my 300WM. It cuts the recoil way, way down, More than I ever thought possible.
                              Stay away from their Muzzle Rise eliminator though, I have one of those on another rifle and I am not happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X