Never had a friend like this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never had a friend like this!

I have lived more than 50 years and I can honestly say, I've never had a friend like Camoquest Julie. She is as close to me as my identical twin sister. After Pistol, I texted her about Big Boy 8 and she was just as excited as I was.

A little history, Pistol introduced us at a 3D shoot shortly after her divorce many years ago. She was originally from Franklin, just up the road from me. She came from a bowhunting family. We instantly became friends, enjoying country life, horses, and of course archery and bowhunting.

A year or so later she called me in tears because her then boyfriend broke up and it wasn't the break up that had her in tears it was the mean nasty things he said about her when he did it. I offered to drive from College Station to Huntsville at that moment to go make him apologize. Breaking up is hard enough but just do it, there's no reason to insult the other person. If they aren't right for you, just say that.

Julie and I have been there for each other in the good and bad. Always encouraging, always supporting, talking about ways to survive the bad times. We always laugh together.

The only person I'm closer to is my sister, Pistol. The 3 of us are truly family.

But last night Camoquest really shined and went above and beyond what I could ask. In fact, I didn't ask, she begged to help me (even though it was a 30 minute drive). I shot the Big Boy 8 at 6:30. I sent her the picture she posted on that thread and she asked 3 times if she could come help and she would even pick up the ice! That did it for me, so I said in that case, yes!

I was about to hang the deer when she arrived with her little girl, which I was surprised to see. I quickly surmised that her husband was out of town. Her daughter is like her - she always makes me smile and laugh. Julie asked her to sit in the chair and watch us but she asked politely, (at 4 years of age) "Momma, can I play games on your phone?" I said, "You're pretty amazing and special, Sweethart. Do you know that?" Her reply - "Yes, I know I am."

Camoquest zoomed into action and skinned that deer better than I could have ever and I watched too much in amazement at how quickly she moved. She threw everything into doing it right. I learned a few things, too!

Around 9 pm, Little Bit said, "Momma?" Yes, dear? "I'm hungry." Yes sweetie, Momma will get you something to eat soon. We're almost done. Then she turns to me and said she pulled into the Loves (a few miles from my house) and Little Bit said, "McDonalds? I'm hungry!" Then Camoquest realized she forgot her wallet. She dug around her car and found $5. What does a good Momma and best friend do???

She bought the ice! She reasoned, Little Bit ain't gonna starve to death tonight and she'll eat later. And my bestie needs ice for that buck! Nothing wrong with being hungry for a little while! When she told me the story, I sent them into the house to get Nutty Buddies, peanut butter crackers, bananas, apples, whatever was available that she wanted! I would have bought her dinner after we finished but it was 9:30 and Little Bit need to get to bed after eating.

I ain't never ever had a friend like Camoquest except Pistol and she's my sister. Drops everything to come help. To be fair, she didn't have a job to get to, and I know if Pistol wasn't working this morning she would have been there, too! They both are extremely special to me and I pray every day that God blesses their lives completely.

I can honestly see the 3 of us at a nursing home with Pistol and I playing bumper cars in wheelchairs while Camoquest yells to behave and then finally goes and finds a wheelchair so she play with us. Then we'll shoot nerf arrows at the other residents.

Sounds like a true friend. I'm fortunate to say I've got a couple like that as well. Congrats on the deer by the way.

Comment

Great to have friends like that.

Comment

Very cool read.

You are a very blessed person. Congrats on the deer and friendships.

J

Comment

This brought a smile reading this... as did your recap last night about your trophy.

Congratulations on a true trophy, and a true friendship.

With your blessings, I am going to start a thread directed at the dimwits who keep calling you sir... just to enlighten them.
          [emoji15][emoji16][emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good read, true friends are a blessing.

Comment

Very nice read. True friends, and even family are hard to come by these days.

Comment

I think a bowhunting chick is just plain cool.

Comment

True friends are few & far between. Cherish them when you have one!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                    With your blessings, I am going to start a thread directed at the dimwits who keep calling you sir... just to enlighten them.
                    [emoji15][emoji16][emoji51]....
                    Nah, I enjoy seeing their teeth fall out when they meet me in person. LOL!

Comment

Sounds like a cross between the Three Amigos and the Three Stooges.
                      Great friendship you have there. Never let it die.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                        I think a bowhunting chick is just plain cool.
                        Yes sir!

Sounds like you have a good friend in her Dusty! They are few and far between as im sure you know. Congrats on the buck!

Comment

Cool!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome! That’s what it’s all about!

Comment

You know, we don't get to choose what family we are born into, but Friends, that's a whole other story.... We indeed get to choose our friends, real friends I mean... Sounds like you were fortunate to be born into a loving family where you sister is your friend (and clone!)... but you also chose wisely in your friend selection... Bet she'd say the same about the friend she chose too!
                              God bless y'all, and congratulations again on a fine trophy and good eats!!

Comment

Working...
                              X