Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 10-03-2019, 12:57 PM   #1
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cherokee, Rusk, Trinity Counties
Default Light bars

I have a Can Am Defender that I want to install a light bar on, or possibly two. I either want alternate red and white LEDs in one that I can mount on the roll bar under the roof edge, or a white one there, with a short red one right above the winch. Anybody done this ? Any pics ? Suggestions on where to buy that doesnít break the bank ? Hint: Iím not paying $500 for a Rigid ! Thanks !
Drycreek3189 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 12:59 PM   #2
kcnatural
Six Point

Hunt In: Mills CO.

Plashlight

https://plashlights.com/
kcnatural is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 01:00 PM   #3
Hills of Texas
Eight Point

Hunt In: Llano

Check out auxbeam. Been using them for a couple years now and had 0 problems.
Hills of Texas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 01:01 PM   #4
justindiehl7
Ten Point

Hunt In: Woodville, TX

Elusive wildlife sells the red and white split. Should be about $200. I have the green and white and it is brighter than I expected! I have a plashlights bar that is super bright for my primary bar but the green one for hunting with green cubes angled outwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
justindiehl7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 01:02 PM   #5
kcmarullo
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Tx, Oklahoma

^^^^^^ this Elusive wildlife lights is what I used on mine !
kcmarullo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 01:04 PM   #6
justindiehl7
Ten Point

I would go either plashlights or elusive wildlife if youíre going to do a colored bar. The cheaper bar throw lots of unfocused light while the more expensive ones push the light farther. Donít buy the auxbeam multi color bar, other than white they are just for show, already been through that one. Elusiveís color cubes arenít that bright So I would definitely get a double color 20Ē+ bar

Old 10-03-2019, 01:25 PM   #7
ckamp52
Ten Point

Hunt In: wherever i can

used plashlights for a while, better than the super cheap stuff, I also have some rigid I got a smoking deal on and I can defintitely tell a difference but would not pay full price. I am curious about this elusive one now. going to give it a look
ckamp52 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 02:20 PM   #8
TexasAg2002
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hunt, Tx

how bright is the red light on the elusive wildlife bar? Does anyone have the white and red bar? Do you like it?
TexasAg2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 02:28 PM   #9
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAg2002 View Post
how bright is the red light on the elusive wildlife bar? Does anyone have the white and red bar? Do you like it?
My question also ! I looked at their light bars and talked to a rep, now to decide what to do. I need to do a little measuring also to determine exactly how Iím gonna get it mounted up under my roof overhang.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:15 PM   #10
justindiehl7
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAg2002 View Post

Red has always been less bright than green. The green one is pretty bright. They might have one in the used bin and it would be worth trying it out!

Old 10-03-2019, 06:18 PM   #11
justindiehl7
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckamp52 View Post
used plashlights for a while, better than the super cheap stuff, I also have some rigid I got a smoking deal on and I can defintitely tell a difference but would not pay full price. I am curious about this elusive one now. going to give it a look

How much better is the rigid than plash? I have the 50Ē 500watt and it is so bright(draws so many amps) that I had to upgrade to an optimal blue top under my seat to run it. It is ridiculously bright and you canít even tell when cheap light bars are on. I was going to go rigid til I found a 20% off code for plash.

Old 10-05-2019, 05:11 PM   #12
ckamp52
Ten Point

Hunt In: wherever i can

Quote:
Originally Posted by justindiehl7 View Post
How much better is the rigid than plash? I have the 50Ē 500watt and it is so bright(draws so many amps) that I had to upgrade to an optimal blue top under my seat to run it. It is ridiculously bright and you canít even tell when cheap light bars are on. I was going to go rigid til I found a 20% off code for plash.

I have had my plash lights for 5-6 years and the ones they sell now are more expensive and probably better. My buddy has several on his boat down by the coast. I could tell a difference in light color (not a big deal or a huge difference), had some issues with plash getting water in them but customer service is great. I had 4 cubes on top and they would put out light like most of my friends cheaper 50" bars but again that's jut my opinion. there are differences just not sure it would be worth double the cost. I do feel like they run brighter on less wattage
ckamp52 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2019, 05:44 PM   #13
pervis
Ten Point

I have a rigid sr50 i could sell. Its a 50 in single row spot flood pattern. All i run is rigid on everything i own. Theyre def worth the extra $ just buy em used. Ive got 3 bars on my duck boat and recessed rear lights, ive got a 50 on my wakebaord boat, ive got a 50 on the front of the polaris, and a 40 on the rear. Ive got the single rows, small ones in the grill of my 18 250, and the recessed back up lights in the bumper. I use all of em though. Not just for looks.
pervis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2019, 05:48 PM   #14
pervis
Ten Point

Ive also got quite a few spare sets of light bar mounts if someone needs em. Ive got a set of bamf ones for a 50 on a polaris, ive got a set of jeep hood mounts, ive got polaris rear cube mounts, and a baja designs set for a new 250 to mount a bar on the front of your truck
pervis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2019, 10:07 AM   #15
dfkoon
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colemane, OK / Hagermann when lucky

I'd like to see pics when you get it done. And everyone else too. Just picked up an HD8 and would like to add some lights. Where I park it is tight so on top of the roof not a good option.
dfkoon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2019, 10:19 AM   #16
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkoon View Post
I'd like to see pics when you get it done. And everyone else too. Just picked up an HD8 and would like to add some lights. Where I park it is tight so on top of the roof not a good option.
Rooftop is not an option for me either. Itís a plastic roof, but even if it were steel, Iíd probably just knock it off. I had a steel roof on my Ranger, made by a welder friend of mine, and Iím thinking about doing the same thing on this Defender. It solves a couple of problems for me. I had some overhang front and back that would keep a light rain off of me, and allowed me to mount a small winch on the underside of the roof in order to winch a deer or hog up into the bed. I could easily mount the light bar under the front roof then. When I get it done, Iíll post some pics.

Thanks for all of the replies.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:44 AM   #17
Ryan81
Ten Point

Hunt In: NE Texas, Oklahoma

Look on eBay for some mounts that go around the roll cage. I believe theyíre made for the cube lights but I made it work with a 50Ē or 52Ē lightbar with the mounts on the side of the bar.

Thatís what I bought because I didnít want to drill holes or have it on top of the roof.

Have you checked into the colored lens covers? Search on amazon or eBay and they make various colored lens that slide or snap over the lightbar.

Ryan81 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2019, 04:05 PM   #18
Philip-TX
Ten Point

I can't help you on the roof/front light bar. I have a Battle Armour roof (alum) and mounted mine to that.

But I also had one of those green 3ft led strips (that goes on that side of a kayak) laying around the last few years. I ended up installing it as an interior light and it turned out really handy.
Philip-TX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2019, 04:07 PM   #19
Shinesintx
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Franklin County

Don’t go with cheap chinese stuff off eBay. It will quit on ya.
Shinesintx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top