Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Semi Live with African Arrow Safaris, FINALLY!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Semi Live with African Arrow Safaris, FINALLY!!

We do not fly out until tomorrow, but I am sitting in my office watching the clock DRAG by so I figured I would get this thread started.

New year 2018 I started searching for an archery only outfitter in the Limpopo area of South Africa. My search led me to Harry Nel with African Arrow Safaris. After speaking to some references and meeting Harry and his right hand man Garry at the Safari Show we booked a hunt for August 2019. This wait seemed forever long, but it is finally here!

This is a group hunt. Myself and three good buddies will be hunting and my younger brother tagged along to do some filming for us.

This is a plains game bow hunt, and we each have a desired list in mind. However, I am told that list could very well change once you get to hunting.

My main desire for the trip like many others is a big beautiful Kudu bull. I am told that the trophy quality at African Arrow Safaris is hard to beat, and they strive to get you on top notch trophy animals!!

I will be shooting a 70lb Triax with some custom built Carnivores from Valhalla Bow Works(MuddyFuzzy on here). My total setup is right at 545 grains. I am shooting a mix of heads (Magnus Black Hornet, Sevr 1.5", Slick Trick Mags, and Ramcats).

I will introduce the guys as the hunt gets started. I am sure I will only be able to update at night with camp wifi, but I will do my best.

EXCITED IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!! Y'all stay tuned!! Plenty of PICS and VID to follow!!

Good luck and lay’em low!

Comment

Good Luck Buddy!!!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

In for the updates. Goodluck

Comment

I’ve been waiting on this thread Justin. Good luck !

Comment

Good luck and be safe! One day I will venture over there.

Comment

Best of luck to ya

Comment

In. What is on your kill list? What is flight arrangement?

Comment

Good luck Justin!

Tell Harry, Garry and all the wifes and crew HI for me! Looking forward to some stories and LDP's. No doubt you and your crew will have an unbelievable time. I would not have gone with them 3 times and will return next summer if they were not a great outfit with trophy animals. Not many places that will not let you shoot a Kudu under 50". He made me pass a 53" my very first sit in 2008!

Comment

Happy hunting. Looking forward to the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sgtau44 View Post
                        In. What is on your kill list? What is flight arrangement?
                        Kudu
                        Gemsbok
                        Zebra
                        Impala
                        Steenbok
                        Warthog
                        Bushbuck

All the above better look out!

Comment

You’ll have a great time!!! I hunted with them 2 years ago. It is paradise!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck Justin. I’ll try to get a write up of my recent trip up soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X