Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PharmerJon View Post
    I tried this the other day...

Maybe my hole is a little off center and/or maybe the bright moon messed with me but I didn't think this mod helped much.

I might try messing with the placement of my IR light as the only thing i noticed about my sight picture was that it was darker with the BC cap closed (still had the 7/8" hole) vs. having the cap opened all the way.

Also, I didn't get any live targets coming to the call to actually test it on!

Where do you have your IR mounted? I have mine up in front of my scope and I don't catch any glare from it.

Comment

I just got my Photon sighted in yesterday. I was very impressed with how easy it was to make the adjustments. Ended up being X=-2 and Y=-3 zeroed at 100yd and shooting ~1/2 inch groups which is what I was getting with the Leupold VX-1 that I previously had on the rifle. I used the Burris Tactical High Rings and they were the perfect height on my AR. The only problem that I had was difficulty seeing the target at the indoor range due to the lighting. I found that using a very dark black target with a light colored bullseye helped a lot. Can't wait to get the scope into the field to try it out at night.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
        Where do you have your IR mounted? I have mine up in front of my scope and I don't catch any glare from it.
        Mine is on right side of my hand guard, slightly below the barrel. Can turn it on with the support hand.
        I've got a quick mount from my red light using days I'll try using to mount it above the scope.

Another thing I just realized is that I didn't mess with the brightness setting on the Photon that night...

Comment

Originally posted by PharmerJon View Post
          Mine is on right side of my hand guard, slightly below the barrel. Can turn it on with the support hand.

I've got a quick mount from my red light using days I'll try using to mount it above the scope.

Another thing I just realized is that I didn't mess with the brightness setting on the Photon that night...

Adjusting the contrast helps out a lot on them. Mine is on my hand guard as well.

Comment

Killed 7 more last night using my photon xt and a armasight Zeus as a monocular for spotting
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426273353.621221.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	389.2 KB
ID:	24370049
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426273400.704404.jpg
Size:	356.8 KB
ID:	24370050Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426273433.128284.jpg
Size:	336.6 KB
ID:	24370051
            I'll post a quick video soon

Comment

Comment

Heck yah! Did the "bull-dozer" and a barrel roll before giving it up .

Comment

Since I liked the original photon on one of my AR's, I decided to add the XT. These things are killer for close range hog plinking!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    Since I liked the original photon on one of my AR's, I decided to add the XT. These things are killer for close range hog plinking!

Yes they are! Every time I take mine out it surprises me again. With the UNV 20 IR it's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                      Yes they are! Every time I take mine out it surprises me again. With the UNV 20 IR it's awesome.

That's what I'm running.

Comment

question. when you turn on the IR is it projecting a light beam toward the animal or it just lights up the inside of the scope. forgive me I don't know anything about night vision. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBIGCHIEF View Post
                          question. when you turn on the IR is it projecting a light beam toward the animal or it just lights up the inside of the scope. forgive me I don't know anything about night vision. thanks.
                          It's projecting a light beam toward the animal. It actually can be dangerous for you to look at the flashlight when on, because your eyes can't really see that wavelength of light, but they're being hit with a super bright flashlight. With a normal flashlight, your brain would make you blink and look away.

Here's a nerdier answer: http://biology.stackexchange.com/que...-infrared-leds

Comment

ok thanks for the info.

Comment

Night Vision hunting Thread

Anyone had trouble zeroing their photon? I understand that the screen moves and not the actual crosshairs.

If I sight it in with my rifle, it moves the screen so far down and left that I can barely see it. Am I doing something wrong here?

Comment

What mount are you using it with?

Comment

Working...
                                X