Austin homeless problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin homeless problem

If this has already been posted sorry. I did a search but couldn’t find anything.
    Sad sad deal for Austin citizens have to deal with this problem.

We have an immigration crisis. Build a wall the keep the Californians out. I’d rather have southern border illegals than California kooks.

Comment

At this point I am starting to believe the lefts obsession with being surrounded with homelessness...gives them some sense of superiority while dealing with there mental issues.

Comment

It seems that the majority of the voting block there is not bothered by it or supports it. Feel bad for the voting minority there.

Comment

One has to be pretty stupid to not understand how this problems deepens....or how to fix it.

Amazing liberals think helping these "homeless" actually helps them. And I think they can't see what will happen next.

Comment

I check jobs all over town down there. It’s disgusting. Makeshift tents, tarps, and trash covering the ground under lots of overpasses. It’s a sick reminder of what Democrats want to see the whole country looking like. Those people actually come to Austin for a better trashy life because they are embraced by the libtard Austin weirdos. There is no decency there.

Comment

You get what you vote for.
              Every city in the nation that is run by liberals looks exactly the same......**** hole

Comment

All of the Bleeding heart Liberals need to follow their own message & start a Foster the Homeless Program. Every one of them should take in & house a homeless person for a year. Then, maybe then they will start to see what the problem is.
                If you keep rewarding & supporting bad behavior, you attract & get more bad behavior.

Comment

You should see Colorado. People flooded the state when pot got legalized, lost their jobs when popped during drug test, and the rest is history. Go to I25 and Hwy 50. There is communities of homeless there panhandling and living right by the intersection. They live along and trash the rivers. These are able bodied men and women for the most part, granted there is a percentage of them that are legitimately mentally ill and need help.
                  Denver and Boulder hold the voting block and make the laws. They tried to pass a bill that would allow Joe Homeless to literally park in front of YOUR house and live, conduct their business, etc. This is a perfect example of the “compassionate left”. It was an end around attempt at washing the homeless out of Denver and Boulder. In addition, they offered them no medical aid, mental health aid etc. Just leave. This is the mindset of the social justice warriors: not in my backyard! How it failed I’ll never know. And btw, my cousin retired from the Springs p d and said when the law passed their their DUI, quadrupled.
                  Last edited by Hogmauler; 01-14-2020, 08:57 AM.

Comment

One way bus ticket to the left coast

Comment

I heard on the radio California is asking for $1.4 Billion from the government in regards to homelessness. Not sure if this is to pay for the programs they offer or something else.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                        I heard on the radio California is asking for $1.4 Billion from the government in regards to homelessness. Not sure if this is to pay for the programs they offer or something else.
                        Heard this as well. Their programs fell 1.4 billion short.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                          "Free" stuff sure is expensive!

Comment

What I do not understand is how some folks in their right mind seemingly truly want and choose this life? I can at least relate to challenges of real mental issues and true short term financial woes.
                            Sad as much as mad! Not all of em are bad. Sad, Mad, Bad. Oh give me a home, Add a C and D and a G chord, got a country song.
                            Help must be wise in every step and never subject my family to danger or property loss.
                            A bad choice is NOT my problem or my Governments beyond concerted protections.
                            I believe in reasonable humanitarian actions and freedoms but results and compromises we are seeing tell us it isn't working! I have no answer and hope never have to live in a larger city. I am close to Austin but rarely see it.

Comment

Thats just it....these liberal cities do not help the homeless in the sense of getting them out of the situation and back in the workforce (if possible). Instead they encourage and keep these folks comfortably maintained in their homeless state. Again I think they use homelessness and mis-fortune of others as some sort of odd way to feel better about themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X