No announcement yet.

Cotton seed advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do other animals eat the cotton seed besides deer and hogs? Rats? Raccoons?

Comment

Kyle do you have an update?

Comment

Where can I buy cottonseed from in bulk delivered?

Comment

Originally posted by Rodray12 View Post
          Cows will. However have not seen non target animals eat it. Quail love it and I helps them as well.

Comment

my deer will not touch the stuff. In fact, they are not eating the corn from the feeder or the Rice Bran either.

They have demolished my peas though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodray12 View Post

Yes to all except coons. Well my coons won’t touch it.

Comment

More to report a year later. We have now fed 50K lbs of cottonseed this year. Our bucks took another quantum leap quality wise this year. I also feed protein however the cottonseed is the baseline that has boosted our bucks growth curve. You would have to see the improvement to fully understand what I am saying. Remember El Gato’s word nutrition, nutrition, nutrition..... For us the combination has made the difference. Also hogs do adapt and they think they like it for an appetizer although they prefer hoovering the protein off the ground. It’s worked very well for us.

Comment

I stopped feeding this week and will probably start back up 2nd week of December. I've seen a difference in deer quality.

Comment

I put out cotton seed in our (4) feed stations about 20 yds away from the protein feeders earlier this spring. The hogs tore the bottom out of 2 of my wire cages and ate all of it, and nothing has even touched the other 2 cotton seed baskets. It's been sitting there for months. Deer are hitting the protein hard but not interested at all in the cotton seed.

Comment

We put the last of 50K lbs of cottonseed out this weekend. They are pounding both and dancing to get the mesquite beans that are ripe. The bucks are in great shape and I believe the cottonseed has made a huge difference with their antlers.

Comment

Working...
                      X