No announcement yet.

What's Your Perfect Boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearly the perfect boat is different for each of us. For me it's my 22i Class with a 250 SHO, and an Ultrex with iPilot Link, and Helix 10 SI Megas at the trolling motor and at the console. No poles needed.

Comment

A Gambler with a 300 HP 2 stroke Mercury Stack on the back!

Comment

One on the lake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

none...$1000+ each time it breaks down.

A buddies boat is best

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
            Maybe?
            And we have a winner!

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
              This x1000. I've fished on a lot of high dollar boats and nothing beats a good all weld! I want a 14-15' one with the biggest motor possible. Scoot right on out in the bay, bayou, intracoastal.

This is why no matter what I hang onto my cajun special. Have had a few thoughts of straying from it. But it is literally IMO the perfect 2-3 person rig for inshore, lakes, and rivers.

17.5x60, Mod V, 70hp with jack plate. Can go anywhere, 40+mph. Run in about 6", pole through about 4". Can't even tell you are towing it behind the truck, fits in the garage. And been paid for since 1998!

Comment

Turner Custom Boat Works out of Palacios Texas. hard to beat!!!

Comment

Turner Custom Boat Works out of Palacios Texas. hard to beat!!!
                  That's the boat that looks like it came out of a Yellowfin mold right?

Comment

that's what people say but I was there the whole time he was building all his molds start to finish. John is a great guy and super talented.

Comment

Originally posted by Txbownut View Post
                      I've got the boat fever, and Im bringing the boss around to the idea, but not exactly sure what I want. I'm not a fishing purist, so I need something versatile enough to bass fish occasionally, but run juglines out of too. Ive got a 16/50 Xpress but looking to upsize some to an 18 foot or bigger. I like the Xpress boats but I have also seen a couple of the Tracker aluminum boats that I like. What is your ideal rig? Post pics if youve got 'em.
                      I have an old (1984) Empire hull, 17 footer, with a 150 motor. I love it.

BUT, if I had to buy a new one right now it would be the Xpress shallow water or bay series. I have ridden and operated a few of these and they are very well built. For what you need I would go with Xpress.

Here is mine on the water. Bare bones but tough, that's what I need.

Last edited by Rat; 04-09-2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

I really enjoy my Ranger Riata Fish & Ski with a 150 Yamaha and 55lb trolling motor. I use it to fish for bass, chase crappie, and run jugs. Then when the day gets really hot, we ski or tube until the sand bass start schooling.
                        It doesn't do anything as well as a boat made specifically for that purpose, but it does everything just fine. And I like to do everything.
                        I bought it when it was 10 yrs old for $12k.
                        However, I'm thinking about trading it in for that tub with the 14 nekkid ladies.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post

I don't have a need for 2 motors. But this is a very versatile boat. If I ever have 40K I'll buy it lol.

i've been wanting a boatright for years and then i discovered these guys and prodigy will be my next boat for sure. if you are even considering aluminum you owe it to yourself to go to their website.

Comment

This is obviously a trick question......there is not (1) perfect boat.....
                            Everybody should own a fleet, each one specific for different applications....

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                              That thing is sick!

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                                This is obviously a trick question......there is not (1) perfect boat.....
                                Everybody should own a fleet, each one specific for different applications....

It’s the one I get invited on[emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X