rifle value question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roger_Roger View Post
    Just said looked a lot like the one he ask about. Guess we will have to check back in 5 days 14 hrs to see if its revelant, not trying to convince anyone of the value of this or the rifle in question.
    Not comparable guns amigo...the gunbroker rig is older. Note the different checkering & no letter prefix on the s/n. Values will be different as well.

I have always wanted a 25-06 in a 700...Dad sold a sendero here on tbh a while back & I never even got to shoot it.

Comment

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't not give more than 400 for that rifle if buying from a friend or local shop. The scope is of no value to me. I can see what appears to be rust in the 3rd pic where the barrel threads onto the action. If he wants more than 400 he needs to clean it very well.

Comment

Sold one at my shop in 3006, for 550 no scope clean, no reason to take less than 600 in that caliber with scope.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Not comparable guns amigo...the gunbroker rig is older. Note the different checkering & no letter prefix on the s/n. Values will be different as well.

I have always wanted a 25-06 in a 700...Dad sold a sendero here on tbh a while back & I never even got to shoot it.
            I C D Light....

Comment

Wish I had the money to buy it . I need to replace my dads that got stolen from me .

Comment

You settle on a price let me know

FYI I'm looking at bare rifle without optics.

Comment

thanks for the help guys. I will get with him and see what he thinks. might be after Christmas. Blake, thanks for the date he said he bought it in the late 70's.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    You settle on a price let me know

FYI I'm looking at bare rifle without optics.
                    Me too.

My son needs a rifle and this would be perfect.

Comment

Several very good points responding to your question, many and much of what I do when interested in a firearm for one of my son's. I always, like most of you, google different sites for both used and new if it applies. Then I figure what shipping, tax, FFL if needed and compare to condition and price on the post. Optics, for the most part, are a wash with me since we prefer certain brands and models. I know when I had my hunting store our offers on used guns for trades were much less than the owners always thought they were worth. We did not markup our new ones much to beat our local competition, however we made up the difference with "trade in" markups. I guess my strategy worked, most of the time, as some of the other local shops would pay me a visit and try to get me to match their prices? I always viewed these attempts at price fixing and refused to participate. But that was before "internet" purchases gained the popularity it has today, so a different business scenario.

There are a couple of rifles on TBH right now the son's and I have looked at, but in our estimation and research they are "way over priced" for used even factoring in the variables mentioned. It's "almost" like selling land....it may be perceived as expensive but if you like the look and feel...well, nuff' said? Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Working...
                        X